💮 008

Episode Eight: “To Turn a blind eye.”

💮💮💮

💮💮💮

Rachel stood  in front of Austin with her head down like a chastised child and Austin as the father. “What are you doing here? Working as a waitress, does Vicky know?” Austin asked in disbelief. “is this something a senator’s daughter does? Much less, a daughter in-law of the Aiyedehins?!”

“Will you relax and let me answer?” Rachel snapped, fed up with his rant. Austin stared at her in disbelief.

“I am still older than you, I hope you know that” he pettily pointed out. Rachel looked at him incredulously and shook her head.

“Brother in-law” she sweetly smiled. “I am just working here to get experience. It’s nothing much so neither do my father nor Vicky need to know.”

“Why are you doing this when your father and Vicky have enough money for you to use?” Austin asked suspiciously.

“As I said, experience. Just don’t tell anyone” Rachel confidently lied.

“I’m not sure. If anyone important finds out, it will be a huge problem. Everyone will be upset, why don’t you just quit now?” Austin reasoned.

Rachel looked hesitant. “I can’t. I am scared that if I get comfortable and Vicky finds out, I will be left with nowhere to turn to. I don’t want to quit” Rachel said stubbornly. “please don’t tell anyone.”

“Why would I not tell? We aren’t that close” Austin said, finding pleasure in keeping her worried. “we aren’t friends, we are barely even family and the reputation of our group could be in jeopardy if you were found out.”

Rachel looked horrified that the company could be in jeopardy just because she works in a restaurant. Austin hid a smirk of pleasure.

“I will have to think this through thoroughly” He said and Rachel bounced to his side nervously. He smugly turned to her.

“Please help me” she pleaded desperately.

“Rachel! Hurry up!” a co-worker yelled and Rachel turned to him. Austin just held his smug look while Rachel shot him a pleading look before rushing back to work.

Austin clasped his hand, feeling mischievous over this new information. “I wonder why I sensed a strange feeling of desperation attached to her” he mused. He shrugged it off and left.

At the house, Vicky arrived early and occasionally looked out the window to see if Rachel was coming. He got tired and gave up just as Rachel arrived.