Chapter 11

Our first day of baiter training was suppose to start in five minutes. I could see four of the girls huddled in the far corner of the male division grounds with about four dozen men surrounding them.

My feet stay firmly planted at the gate, refusing to moving in any further. Dread was beginning to seep into my very bones when I thought of being one of the seven females, outnumbered 1 of us to about seven of them. I saw no future of this going well and as I was seeing the harassing had already begun.

Pushing past me, Gracie walks onto the grounds nose turnt to the sky, strutting in like she was the one in charge.

As she drew more in and her presence became noticeable, I see a good few of the males forgo the cowering females and focus their efforts on her. She ignores them but that doesn't hinder them from hounding her like ants on fallen ice cream.

She paves the way, going to seat on the benches, the other girls gaining some confidence upon her demonstration and move to seat around her.

She really was extraordinary and I had no qualms in admitting it.

I am unable to find the same drive however to compel my feet forward opting to stand at the gate until the last second.

The crunching of leaves and snapping of debris alert me to the person, creeping along the fence, spying inside timidly.

"They don't bite." I tease as Camille slowly crawls her way to the entrance of the grounds, debating with every step to tuck tail and run.

"They actually do... and more. Also real funny coming from the one loitering at the entrance." I give her a nasty look, happy to call her out but despising when the tables turn.

"So are we going in?" She asks after we stand there for a good minute nervously peering deeper in at the males who openly vie for the girls more so Gracie's attention.

"Sometimes I consider trying to escape the compound, I think today might be the day I finally go through with it." I stare at the walls which were so high you could just barely see the tops of the huge trees that lay in the woods outside it. I grew apprehensive at the thought of scaling it when I see the shining, metal hoops of barbwire lining the top.

"On second thought maybe going in doesn't seem so bad." Camille steps behind me a clear sign to lead the way. My feet don't move until on the other side I spot Beta Silver walking in through the opposite gate then all of sudden I'm sprinting to the benches.

The men had all sorted themselves out in an orderly fashion, taking position in the middle of the grounds, head lowered as Beta Silver approached.

I joined the girls in admiring his appearance, dressed in a black shirt that latched onto his muscles sexily and grey sweat pants. His hairs was more distressed than usual, though it always looked unruly pushed back, today it looked even more untamed, stray tendrils falling onto his face and searing us with his golden gaze.

Being able to silence and control men who acted so tough and ruthless with just a gaze was an ability I envied. Not for the sake of controlling them but having them show me respect, not even at the level of a superior but as a person equal to them.

"Today and up until Alpha Fallon sees fit, these females will be joining our training. I expect that you will show them due respect." His voice booms over the assembled males lined up on the terrain, heavy-lifting equipment and machines composing their background.

"YES SIR!"

Liars. Filthy, freaking liars all of them.

The moment the authority turned their back they showed their true colors. Enough experiences at the showers had taught us to never trust these males who looked so serious and admirable on the surface but left unmonitored were good for nothing, disgusting dogs.