Secret

Short story. I got bored
________________________________
Annie was tired and angry. Bertholdt and Reiner were pressuring her with their mission more than ever and reminding her of the upcoming attack they had for graduation. She was doing majority of the work for all this while they sat back and made friends. What a load of shit.

Laying in her bed, she heard footsteps approach her. As she sat up she came face to face with the one girl in the god forsaken hell hole that made everything bareable. (Y/n) (L/n).

"Annie, you okay?" She asked, turning her head to the side cutely.

Annie tried to hide the effect she had on her, turning to look away from her.

"Yeah. Everything's fine, just wanted to get some extra sleep." She told her.

"I don't know, you seemed really upset and Reiner today. Did you guys get in a fight?"

Shit, had it been that noticeable? Annie worried, scared that their secret may not be that much of a secret. However, before Annie could say anything the other girl spoke up.

"Sorry, if that's kinda personal. I just worry about you sometimes." The girl admitted, awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck.

"No, don't worry. I understand." Annie said, relaxing slightly.

The other girl moved to sit on the edge of Annie's bed, looking at her.

"You know, I really care a lot for you, Annie." She said, a heavy blush settling on her face.

Annie didn't reply, just kinda stared blankly at her. But a light pink dust coated her cheeks. Annie couldn't hide that over the course of three years she had grown to also care about her.

"You mean a lot to me, (y/n)." Annie told her, smiling slightly at her, a rare sight.

The (h/c) girl just smiled at Annie, grabbing hold of her hand and squeezing it gently in hers.

"(Y/n)... I'm going to keep you safe." Annie told her.

At the time, the girl mistook this as just a sweet nothing that lovers told each other, but she didn't learn the true meaning until much later.