OK, I did NOT Expect That- I Think??

Hello- perhaps you still remember me?

I know this is super irresponsible but... I took a two (I think) month break from August to October, so that's why you had to wait for a while for this chapter. So here it is, all neatly wrapped and edited. I even included a bow tie for you.

But, seriously- I'm not going to drop it without telling you so *cough cough* we'll be fine.

Yes, this is a bit shorter than all my other chapters but all the homework is piling up on me. So yeah. And some advice in this book: every question always has more than one answer.

Enjoy!!

---

5 minutes ago...

"What is taking Shah so long?" Brynne complained as Aiden and Mini slipped through the ceiling and onto the floor. As Mini quickly wiped her hands clean of the residue, Aiden adjusted his shirt.

"Give her a minute. You know how long it takes Aru to get ready," Nikita rolled her eyes, snapping her fingers to cushion the fall.

The room in the Sphinx was... plain, at best. It was an empty room with small pillows lined across the floor. This was an abandoned meeting area. For whom? Brynne didn't want to know.

Sheela grumbled as she pulled out the pillows to sit on. Everyone followed her, making a small semi-circle as they waited for the fire deva to appear.

"Should I go get her?" Mini said worriedly, glancing at Aiden, "Or should we wait?"

Kara beamed, "I'll go get her."

Aiden glanced at Kara. He had his suspicions that Kara knew, but he couldn't risk it. "Actually, I'll get her," Aiden said quickly, but added, "Kara, can I talk to you?"

Kara flushed but obliged, followed Aiden as they went to the opening. As Aiden approached it, he lowered his voice.

"Do you think that... you know, the spy?" he whispered.

Kara paled. Evidently, she wasn't expecting anyone to know about it.

"Maybe. It's just a guess," she murmured back.

Aiden made a face, "I'm still trying to figure out everything."

Kara narrowed her eyes, "Did... the spy try to make you do anything?"

"We don't know if it's her, Kara."

"So then the spy is you, then," Kara concluded.

Aiden paled, "What? No, of course not!"

Kara stared at Aiden sharply, "Then what do you want?"

Aiden examined Kara, trying to figure out his reply before saying, "Why do you think it's her?"

"It seems right. The spy could just be her. If you're not the spy... then it has to be her."

Aiden didn't reply for a moment. There were infinite possibilities. Theories. Maybe Kara was right. Maybe he could find a way to stop them from falling into the trap. Just maybe. Or maybe he would mess everything up.

"Alright, then."

---

Aru froze, not looking at him directly in the eye as Aiden walked towards her and snatched his backpack out of her grip.

"I-"

"I said, what are you doing in my bag?" Aiden barked, slinging the bag over his shoulders as Aru stepped back tentatively.