Chapter 4.5 (1K Special): Rudy Inhales Coffee

1K Shoutout:

@triostudiosofficial: https://w.tt/3cD3bKi (even though it says that I wrote this in my profile, I'm only one person in the team of TrioStudios. I did the cover and edited a bit of the writing. Honestly, I feel like the only thing I'm good at is shared profiles-)

If you want a shoutout, PM me on my profile (@audydapotato_yt) and I'll consider it!

Heyy! This is my 1K (late) special: a bonus chapter! This has literally nothing related to the plot of Deactivated, but just a fun little chapter I decided to write. They're about to board the plane to Africa, but they need to go through the dangers of the airport, especially Rudy (lol).

This chapter focuses on Rudy because he's a piece of work and deserves a chapter all about him.

tysm for 1k- i couldn't have done it without all the support and stuff <33 ty!

QOTD (comment inline): what should the potatoes name boo (phoenix) in book 5?

SOTD: la di die by Nessa Barret ft. jxdn ( https://spoti.fi/3weuKRE )

Remember, please wear a face mask in an airport or a plane. Enjoy <3

aru shah AU fanart maybe coming soon? shhhh

---

"Are you sure this will work?" Mini murmured as she heaved her black backpack on her shoulders, "I don't think-"

"Sheesh, Mini, we'll be fine," Brynne chided, finishing the last of her granola bar, "Gunky's ID will probably cover Rudy, not to mention the dhundh doing its thing."

Mini didn't seem to be any less reassured.

They were approaching the front desk of the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, and they had decided to use Gunky's ID to smuggle Rudy into the airport. The rest were all using their own student ID's and passports, so they had to be creative to find a way to get Rudy on the aeroplane.

They decided to split up into groups: Aru and Aiden, Kara and Mini, Brynne and Rudy, and the twins so that the guard didn't get suspicious.

"So this is an airport," Rudy glowered, staring at the interior, "It's more boring than I thought."

Aiden ran his hands through his hair in exasperation, "It's like a stable. A stable with huge horses. You'll see."

Rudy wrinkled his nose, "Is it too late to change to Chariot Express?"

"NO!" everyone shouted in unison. Rudy rolled his eyes and pulled out Gunky's ID and scanned it. They were fifth in line now. Now fourth. They slowly inched toward the security guard, nervous.

The security guard spent time staring at the ID cards and checking them. "Darn it, he's good at his job," Aiden sighed, "You're going to have to distract the guard so we can get you in."

Aru piped up, "How about Brynne turns into a-"

"Whatever it is, I am not turning into an animal. Or an insect. Whatever," Brynne said sharply. Aru fell silent again, poking at the floor with her sneakers.

"OK, so we'll throw the guard off-focus, and you can make a good excuse to get through. Wait, if you turn Gunky's ID it kinda looks more like you-" Aru mused, comparing Rudy with the ID photo. They were almost there to the front of the line; they were going to have to quickly find an excuse.