We Steal Green Tickets Again

Sorry for the long update...

I don't want to put too much pressure on Kara but I was thinking about who I wanted to be the spy and Kara was first on my list... she went through so much and she doesn't even know her last name. I'll get back to you on that.

Ok, I decided that there will be no elements of CoG except for Kara and stuff (no celestial missile necklace, no fire-bird Boo, but yes Aruden kiss and unspoken feelings... a lot of unspoken feelings between Aru and Aiden). Kara did betray them, though. I also made up the Sleeper's defeat. Just... just vibe with me. 

Disclaimer: A lot of this is related to SoD, so you might want to reread it if you forgot about Sage Durvasa, Iris, DMV, etc. I spent all night reading it, so hopefully, this is factual?

This chapter is long (even longer than the last one mwahaha) so I'm granting you a 5 minute (ish) read of Deactivated.

Without further ado, let's get started.

--- Aru POV

One ally is a spy. A path that's cursed to kill. Venture the South.

What did that even mean?

Aru looked around at her friends; Mini was trying to get a conversation with Kara, Brynne was staring aimlessly outside, Aiden was looking at his camera. How could they ever betray them as a spy?

You thought that to Boo before, remember? Aru's mind said.

Shut up.

Could Kara be the spy? Aru remembered how uncomfortable she was in the Court of the Sky, yet Kara didn't seem to betray them... again. Then who was the spy?

A path that's cursed to kill.

Did that mean that the Palace of Benin was supposed to be deadly? Pay the bill? What did that even mean? Aru doubted that she could just PayPal a 50 dollar smacker and go on to find the sage.

Frustrated, she buried her head in her hands and groaned... loudly.

"Aru, you ok?" Sheela asked, looming over her.

Aru shrugged. "Just... prophecy."

Sheela leaned back in her chair. "Prophecies are never clear. We'll just see how it turns out. A spy... I wonder who it is," Sheela mused, tugging on her hair.

The train hit a bump and lurched forward, Aru slamming into the seat in front of her. "Ow," she groaned, rubbing her left cheek furiously as Aiden glared at her, "Sorry."

Aru flipped her braid off her face and looked outside. She was reflecting on the prophecy as they waited for the train to get to the palace of Benin. They had discussed the prophecy in the train stain but it was brief. This gave Aru a lot of time to think.

"Fair point. It may not even be one of us," Aru murmured, staring at her empty wrist. She was never going to be used to not having Vajra on her wrist.

Sheela tossed her black braids back. "You never know. Prophecies are... confusing," she paused. Aru pursed her lip before turning her attention to the window again, her thoughts trailing to the Sleeper; her dad.

It seemed years ago when they finally defeated him; trapping him into an enchanted box that only Aru knew where the key was. The box was being guarded by Urvashi and the council, making sure no one tried to open the box with the key. The key was... the key was Vajra.

Vajra was currently in the enemies hands, probably with Darana.

That meant...

If the enemy knew about Vajra being the key to the box... they could awaken the Sleeper to cause mass destruction... again.