Chapter 17

“Happy Birthday Niall!” I said as Niall turned the corner into the kitchen rubbing his eyes. I ran at him and pulled him into an hug. I could feel his breath as he moved his lips from my cheek to my lips. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer into his bare chest and I wrapped my legs around his hips.

We slowly stumbled backwards until Niall tripped on the coffee table and we landed softly on the ground, still holding each other. I giggled softly as we continued to kiss when I heard the door open.

“Lord! I did NOT mean to interrupt anything.” Harry shouted as he attempted to leave and shut the door.

I got up off of Niall and straightened out my clothes very quickly. “No Harry! Um, we…I cooked breakfast… where is everyone else?”

“Breakfast? Yum! Oh by the way, Happy Birthday Nialler!” Harry said walking back into the room, handing Niall a small package, hugging him and ruffling his hair and winking before smirking at me. He walked into the kitchen and started putting food onto a plate.

“Help yourself Harry.” I said sarcastically as I got two plates out and started dishing up for Niall and myself.

The three other boys and Sophia, who had stayed with Liam last night, came into the apartment and each hugged Niall and gave him his birthday presents. 

“You are officially 21 now, brother!” Zayn said putting his arm around Niall.

After everyone had eaten their breakfast they all left the apartment again giving Niall and I some more time to hang out together alone before we had to start getting ready for Niall’s birthday party.

I was nervous, as there would be a sort of red carpet there where all of the guest would be getting their pictures taken before they entered the Hotel and hundreds of paparazzi would be there. As much as I didn’t want to sound stuck up, I hated getting my picture taken so I had to make sure I looked good.

Niall and I watched television for a little bit when I had a great idea.

“Niall”

“Yea babe.”

“Let’s bake a cake!”

**** 

I shrieked as Niall threw a handful of flour towards me that covered my whole shirt, turning it white. 

“There is not going to be anything left if you keep throwing it all at me Niall!” I said.

“But you are just so much fun to throw cake ingredients at!” he joked

My eyes lit up and I smirked at Niall as he raised his eyebrows and I reached for the bowl of ingredients. A look of terror washed across his face as he realised what I was about to do.

“Oh no you don’t!” He yelled trying to run away from me as I chased him with the bowl in hand. I reached forwards and tipped the remaining contents of the bowl on top of his head as he yelled out “Nooo! My perfect golden locks!” and he brushed the flour from his eyes. “You’re going to get it now!” he said smirking, walking slowly towards me.

He grabbed me around my stomach and shook his hair so the flour got all over me as well. “I’ll take it there isn’t going to be a cake” I said in between laughs. Niall started tickling me, which made me laugh more, and when I looked up I saw Sophia looking at us with her arms crossed and a disapproving look on her face.

“You two have made a right mess! Birthday boy, clean this up will you, I’m going to beautify your girlfriend.” And with that she took my hand and dragged me to my room.

**** 

“So have you decided on the green or red dress that we bought for tonight?”

“I’m thinking red” I replied

“Good choice” Sophia said. “Okay, you need to have a shower to get rid of all that flour you crazy girl, I’ll go help Niall clean up, I’ll come back when you are finished.”

****

SOPHIA’S POINT OF VIEW

After Milly went into the bathroom to have a shower, I went into the kitchen to help Niall clean up the mess that they had made.

“You don’t need to help me Soph, I got it!” Niall said

“Don’t be silly!” I said getting a wet paper towel to wipe up all the flour off the table. “When this is all cleaned up, you go get ready with the lads, Milly and I need our space to glam ourselves up before tonight! Eleanor and Perrie will be here too so I’ll introduce them to Milly. Just text me when you are all ready and we will meet up and go to the party.”

“Ok, sounds like a plan.” He said wiping up the last of the mixture.

He went and got all of his stuff and left to one of the other lad’s apartments.

I heard Milly turn off the shower and I waited for her to get dressed, and then she came back into the bedroom.

“Ok, well I told Eleanor we would meet her at the nail and hair salon soon so we should leave now, so I can introduce her to you. Perrie is going to meet us when we see Zayn” I smiled

“Sounds good, thanks Soph.” Milly smiled back.

**** 

MILLYS POINT OF VIEW

We arrived at the nail and hair salon but Eleanor was not here yet. I was getting almost as nervous as I was when I met Sophia, but now that I knew how genuinely nice she was I was less nervous. 

Soph and I went into the salon and got our booking from the front desk and the lady just as I chose my colour I turned around and saw Eleanor walk into the salon. I honestly could not believe my eyes. She was so tall, skinny and pretty.

“Hey Soph” She said walking up to Sophia and hugging her, she then looked at me and I wasn’t sure what to do. I could see her looking me up and down when she smiled and hugged me too. “Milly! So glad to finally meet you! Louis has told me all about you.” She smiled at me. She put her stuff down and we got our nails done.