law x child reader: ice cream

The festival feels were blossoming in the air, as people with their families smiled and laughed heartily, having the delicacies from stalls and earning gifts through games. You, 8, were walking around with a pink lollipop in your hand, and another one in your pocket which you won from one of the games. You were enjoying the festival too. But the only thing that was different was,

You were alone.

It has always been this way, and honestly, you did not care. Looking at the kids having their leisure time, you walked towards the side of the fair fence, sitting on one of the neatly decorated benches. Looking around, taking in the view, another guy came into your view.

You titled your head in confusion at the man, who was just seated on the opposite bench, legs crossed. He was alone too, and you wondered why. The man looked "cool" to you. His cool-looking hat, and the cool-looking designs on his body and hands.

Walking towards the guy, you decided to be his friend.

"Hello!". You waved, cheekily smiling at the man. He gave you a look, with an eyebrow raised. His position didn't change, and he was not in the mood of having some kid ruin his time.

"Go away".

He said. Your face showed a noticeable sadness, but you decided not to give up.

"You seem like you are in a bad mood! Do you want a lollipop?". You asked, taking the candy out from your pocket. He slightly groaned, watching your little eye twinkle at his, waiting for him to accept your little present.

"You seriously do not know who you are messing with, brat". Standing up, he just simply walked away, leaving you all alone again.

You were sad. You walked back to your seat, tears slightly forming in your eyes. You just wanted someone to talk to, someone to enjoy the festival with.

Just like other people.

Trafalgar Law was in a bad mood. He just lazily walked around the fair, trying to find for his crew, who were actually having the time of their life. Law took notice of Bepo and the others, enjoying street food, and he decided not to bother them.

Somewhere inside of him, he also wanted someone to talk to.

You were getting bored very quickly. The children ran around and mocked you for not having anyone by your side. Sad, very sad, you rushed to your little abode, shutting the door tight, waiting for the usual knock on the door that indicated breakfast, lunch, and dinner, served to you by your neighbors who were considerate enough to keep you a little.

Bringing your knees closer to your chest, you started crying, very loudly. This felt very sad, as you felt your heart clench in loneliness.

Law walked around the area he once sat in, and soon took notice of something on the bench. The lollipop. He picked ut up, looking around for the little girl. Sighing, he opened the wrapper, putting it into his mouth. Plopping down on the bench, Law waited for his crew to return.

"So you do like it!". He heard a cute voice speak. Looking down, he saw you again, hands on your hips. Looking away, clearly embarrassed, he bit on the candy to finish it quickly.

"Not really-".

"You don't have to lie". You showed your cheeky smile again, as Law noticed something different. Your eyes were redder, your nose was redder, and your cheeks looked puffy. As you were this close to him, you also noticed you completely. He understood that you weren't eating much.

"Where is your family kid? Won't they be upset to see you gone?".

"I don't have anybody at home, so I can go wherever I want!". 

Law slightly widened his eyes at the child's optimistic tone for such a response. He leaned back on the bench, while you climbed up next to him and took a seat.

"Why are you following me?".

"You seemed alone too. So I wanted to be your friend". You smiled at the man, who had his mouth slightly agape.

"Don't bother about me and go back to where you belong. I'm a pirate, you should not talk to pirates this carelessly".

You giggled, shaking your head.

"You care enough to tell me that. You are such a nice man!". Law's cheeks slightly turned red at that sudden compliment. He scoffed, looking away.

"So, goatee uncle, you must have soooo much money if you are a pirate right?".

"WHO'S GOATEE UNCLE!?"

"Then what do I call you?".

"Why should I tell you my name?".

"I'm Y/n. See, I told you my name, now tell me yours".

Law sighed in annoyance as he gave up.

"Trafalgar Law".

You made a confused face as the name sounded very, very, very weird to your ears. Squinting your eyes in annoyance, you tried naming it.

"Tarfaga?"

"Trafalgar, kid!".

You laughed.

"Goatee uncle is better". Law groaned as you watched the vendor in the last ice cream stroll called out for final customers. You really wished you could get some ice cream, but there wasn't a single penny with you. Law looked at you because of your sudden silence, as he realized what you were looking at. Standing up, hands in his pocket, he walked towards the stall. You followed the man, no sense of where he was heading. Suddenly he stopped near the parlor, as you widened your eyes with a smile on your face.

"Pick". He said. You stood on your tippy-toes, trying to view the flavors through the glass, but your size didn't let you. Law groaned again, picking you up with the least knowledge he had on how to handle small kids. You leaned towards the glass, palms touching it. Your eyes were glistening so much, looking at the different colors that filled the counter.

"I'll take that one! It looks so yummy!". You said pointing at one of the flavors. Law placed you down, as gently as he could, and asked the man for two of them. He handed both the cones to you, as you couldn't be happier.

"GOATEE UNCLE! DO I GET BOTH OF THESE!?!?".

"Finish it before I snatch it from you". 

You giggled, bringing one of the cones close to Law.

"This one is for you". Law looked at your happy face, as he broke into a small smile taking the ice cream from your small palm. He ruffled your hair, watching you lick the ice cream in joy, devouring the flavor.

"I think today was not so bad after all...". Law said, diving into his own cone.

"Hmm? What do you mean?".

"You were fun to hang out with". He showed his smallest smile to you, as you returned a big one instead.

"Will you come here again?". You asked, eagerly looking into his eyes. Law nodded, not removing the smile from his face.

"I'll get you three more ice creams then".