luffy x reader: regret and forgiveness

request <3

You watched your boyfriend Luffy, as he sat on the figurehead of the Thousand Sunny. Boyfriend...that term really did not hit well with him. Luffy was an all-rounder to you throughout your "relationship". He acted like a friend, a brother, and a lover. 

"Luffy! Do you see an island?". Nami asked, coming towards the steering wheel.

"Nami! Nope. No island". You looked at him, cheekily smiling at your navigator. But yet again, that is how he was always like, so you just let it go. Your eyes met, as Luffy waved at you. You gave one back, but that was it. He turned around, viewing the blue sea once again. You frowned, hoping he'd say something or ask you to come and sit next to him.

Like he did months ago.

It was different now and you could feel it.

"I see an island!". Luffy yelled getting up. All of the crew members rushed towards Luffy, along with you to see the land coming in view. A simple-looking island with trees and plants surrounding it completely. Jumping down from the ship, you looked at your boyfriend who already advanced forward with Nami right behind him.

"Y/n chan, you look down. Anything upsetting you?". Sanji asked, coming towards you. You forced out a smile and shook your head. You did not want to bring out any false assumptions with just mere instances.

"I'll look after the ship. Go get food supplies". Zoro said. Nodding you went towards the forest, looking for literally anything along the way. You missed him. You wished to walk hand in hand with your cheerful boyfriend, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Nami-!". You heard someone say. Finally glad that someone's near, you went towards the sound. The sight made your eyes widen, as Nami gasped leaving Luffy's shirt collar.

"Y/n...". You were too stunned to speak. All that replayed in your head was your best friend, more like family, betraying you by kissing your boyfriend.

"Luffy... why..". That is all you could bring out. You did not want to believe it, but your eyes couldn't lie. Tears started welling in your eyes as you looked at your boyfriend, who was equally as shocked as you as he was finding words to speak.

"Tell me!". You burst out. Clenching your fists, you wanted to punch him in the face, but you couldn't. Your body didn't let you. The fact that he could cheat never went across your head.

"I'm sorry". That was all that came out of his mouth. You raised a brow, sadness hitting you uncontrollably.

"So..you really was cheating on me...? Nami..why?!".

"Y/n. I can explain..".

Tears streamed down your face as you felt anger and embarrassment all over you. Without giving anything else a second thought, you ran away, not caring where your feet took you.

"Y/n-!". Luffy yelled, trying to catch your shoulders. Yanking it off, you rushed towards the forest, wanting distance from everyone and everything. Sitting down next to a big tree, you brought your knees towards you, crying out loud.

The Thousand Sunny was busy with Sanji cooking food and the others participating in their chitchat. Zoro noticed Luffy being awfully quiet, while Nami was in her room.

"Where is Y/n?". Chopper asked as he brought down two plates.

"Speaking of Y/n, where is she? I told her to get food supplies while we landed, but it is evening already". Zoro said, coming down from the crow's nest.

"Did something happen to Y/n chan?! Luffy, you were with her right?". 

"I don't know...". Luffy said. The crew took notice of his bland comment, as they eyed each other.