Chapter Twenty-Eight

Hae sat up slowly; her body didn't hurt as much as it had when she woke up on the beach but it was still a bit sore. She couldn't complain though, she could finally move her limbs, whatever Cleya had done had worked miracles.

Kol sat next to her in a blue cotton tunic and khaki shorts, his brows furrowed in worry. Hae wished he'd smile. "So, what are we going to do?" she asked. Kol had filled her in on the argument he'd had with Anna. She hated to admit it but Kol was right. Andy could be...

Wythynians weren't known for their mercy. They'd slaughtered hundreds of covens when they first arrived on Omora. Andy was technically a mage.

But she couldn't rule out the possibility he was still alive. Andy and Anna weren't like any ordinary witch or mage she'd ever met. They weren't born with magic. They'd acquired it when they came into contact with the Foxton amulet; a magical artifact the Wythynians had been after for years.

Maybe they were still after it.

If all the Wythynians wanted was to kill Andy and Anna they could have done it on the beach on Dorian's isle. They'd had ample opportunities and yet they'd done nothing. They had to be after something else. The Foxton amulet. But without Anna could they even get it?

"Go home?" Kol said, it was a question. He wasn't certain. Going home was the safest option. Surely, the Wythynians would be back for Anna, getting her to the safety of the island was her best hope. The Kuth were better suited to rescue Andy than three teenagers. But...

"We can't go home," she said. "Anna is right, Andy's still alive and we have to save him."

"Nice to know someone agrees with me," Anna spoke. Hae and Kol raised their heads to find her by the entrance of the hut. She walked inside and sat at the edge of the bed. "How you feeling?"

Hae shrugged. "Great," she said.

"Exactly what I wanted to hear," she smiled. "I've been talking to Kellen, he says he may know of a way to get us off this island and to Teri'are. From there we can get a shuttle to Ellimer."

"Sounds like a plan," Hae said. "They're obviously holding him in New Emili."

Anna nodded. "We can leave tomorrow. We'll need—"

"Hold on for a second," Kol cut her off, waving his hands to get their attention. "Hae," he said urgently, "Cleya said you'd need days to rest."

"Days we don't have," she pointed out. "We have no idea what they could be doing to him. He sacrificed himself so we could get away. There's no way we're leaving him with them."

"I'm not saying we should," he sounded offended. "Trust me I'd swim to Ellimer if I had to but you're—"

"I'm fine," she cut him off. "I'm feeling so much better. You don't have to worry about me. Let's just worry about Andy, okay?"

He looked like he wanted to argue but he nodded and said, "Okay." Both Hae and Anna smiled. Anna even hugged him. He blushed. "But what about mom?"

"What about her?"

"Uh, two of her children along with the Echowoods go missing overnight. She's got to be freaking out right now."

"When was the last time you saw mom 'freak out'?"

"Never," he answered. "But she's still going to be worried. Maybe we can send her a message. Is your wrist communicator working?"

She double tapped the screen of her wrist communicator and it immediately came on. "We can't call mom," she said. "She'll never let us go after Andy. She'll have Kuth guards here in a matter of minutes ready to take us home."