Chapter 49 - Kizuna's Story and Escaping the Labyrinth

Chapter 49 – Kizuna's Story and Escaping the Labyrinth

Author's Note: I have something special planned for chapter 50.

"A game?"

"At first, I thought I was in that game world, but my sisters never showed up. Eventually, I realized this as a different world. The game was called Second Life Project, which was a simulator game where you got to live a second life online. They liked to say that a day on the outside is equivalent to a few years on the inside."

This sounded like Ren's Brave Star Online. A VRMMO, like Sword Art Online.

"Please continue."

"So anyways, Game 1 let anybody who wanted to play in the game, but you needed to win a lottery to play game 2. My sister was admitted, so the three of us were able to join. However, everyone has to start the game together and end it together. The game has a schedule that everybody must commit to."

What was this? Some sort of low-budget sci-fi movie?

"So, I thought I was joining that game. After I was summoned, they started explaining a ton of stuff. I thought I was in a tutorial. They summoned me to defeat the Dragon Emperor, the ruler of the monsters."

"Sounds like a retro RPG to me." Naofumi contributed.

"That's what I thought. It wasn't like the kind of game that was on the website."

"So, what happened?" Naofumi and I asked.

"I went on a few adventures. I took a journey by boat. One day an ominous wind was blowing, and a ghost ship appeared. Glass and her friends helped me solve the mystery of the ship, and it disappeared. We ended up shipwrecking, and I was alone in these foreign lands. I was captured and thrown into this labyrinth. I already knew what kind of place this was, so I was furious that I was stuck in here. To be honest, I thought I'd be here until the day I die."

"Man, that's got to suck."

"I know, right? I used to count the days as they went by, but after I hit a year I gave up."

"How old are you, anyway?" Naofumi inquired.

"Me? I'm eighteen."

"Ha!" Naofumi mocked. "You're kind of an old loli-baba!"

"I know I look young for my age, okay? I'm an otaku, so what?"

"That's fine," I consoled. "I have otaku tendencies as well, and I'm a law student."

"Do you want some equipment? The equipment you all have don't seem to have any effect here, so they'll be mostly useless against any of the stronger monsters."

"Sure. Thanks!"

She handed me a set of wooden armor, some light clothing, and some swords.

"None of us can use swords, since we're the Bow and Shield Heroes. How about you give the stuff to Rishia?"

Rishia took the stuff from Kizuna and equipped them.

"Naofumi. I guess you can't do direct damage, huh."

"Correct. I can only use a shield."

"I have much more versatility. I can literally use anything that shoots a projectile, be it bows, cannons, guns, ballistae, anything that comes to the mind that can be shot I can use."

"That's cool. I'm the hunting hero, which means I can transform my weapons into all sorts of, you guessed it, hunting tools. Tuna knife, bows, slings, spears and stuff."