Chapter 62

Previously on Chapter 61

I take a deep breath and opens my glider. I give Aang a curt nod. He returns the gesture with the look of determination on his face. We fly into the sky, which earns a chorus of cheers from everyone who stays on land.

Then...

-Battle Against Intruders-

Y/N P.O.V

"There's too many of them!" I yelled. We have been fighting against them, but no matter attacks we do... they keep on coming. It's like there's no ending in this battle.

"We can do this, Y/N! We gotta keep trying!" Aang said, as he flies next to me. I nod my head at his encouragement. We have to win this battle... or this temple is going to get destroyed. This was the home to our people. I'm going to protect it. Even if I have to lose my life in the process.

We drop some slimes and bombs, soon enough a lot of them took off running. "We've got them on the run! We need more slime!" Aang yelled out. We fly to Appa and Katara hands us the weapons we need.

Hooks starts flying towards us. I land on Appa and use my air-bending, creating an air sphere around us to deflect all the hooks. It's exhausting... but I can't give up now.

There are tanks like machine. Katara tries using her water-bending to fight them off. But no matter what she do, the tanks just keeps on coming.

"Those things are unstoppable!" She said. Teo just stay silent as he observes the machine. "I think I know how they work! I remember my dad tinkering with the counterbalancing system... something to do with water. Works great, huh?" He said. "Water? Can you get me close to one?" Katara said. I look at her knowingly, she have a plan. I can only hope it's going to work.

I jump off Appa to help Aang fighting off the fire-bending on the ground. Katara soon lands next to me. She freezes multiple tanks with her bending. "Nice job, Katara!" I said. She grins at me and start to do the same with the others.

Aang and I defends her from the fire blasts. Appa lands on the ground and knocks the tanks away. I'm glad we have a giant bison on our side!! This makes me sad... as my mind drift off to b/n. If only she's still here.

"Y/N! Watch out!!" Aang yelled. He jumps in front of me and deflect a fire blast. He turns to look at me. "Are you out of your mind! Focus, Y/N! We're in the middle of a battle here!" He said. "Right... sorry..." I mumbled.

Out of no where, Sokka appears with the Mechanists on the air balloon. The Fire Nation soldiers didn't attack them and I soon know why. There's a Fire Nation insignia on the side of the air balloon. Those idiots must have thought the air balloon is on their side.

Soon enough bombs starts falling down. I grin as I watch the Fire Nation panicking as the explosion hits them. I saw something dropping from the air balloon and a huge explosion happens.

"Look! They're retreating!!" Aang said. I turn to look at where he's pointing to see the enemies retreats. I cheer happily, knowing we've won the battle.

"We're going down!!" Sokka yelled. I turn to see the air balloon is descending towards the ground. "No, Sokka! Hold on!" Katara yelled. I jump on my glider and fly towards them, Aang doing the same.

I move past them, letting Sokka's boomerang to wrap itself around my glider. I fly away and land on the ground as Aang helps the mechanist. I let out a sigh of relief.

I rush towards Aang and wraps my arms around him. He lets out a chuckle and hugs me back. "We've won, brother! We won!!" I yelled, happily. "Yeah, sis. We won!" He said, grinning happily.

We turn to look at Teo and the others. "You know what?" I start, smiling at Aang. He smiles back and nod his head. He turns to them again. "We're really glad you guys all live here now" he said.

I reach down and grab a hermit crab. "I realized, it's like the hermit crab. Maybe you weren't born here..." I said, offering the hermit crab to Aang. He gently take it from my hand. "But you found this empty shell and made it your home. And now you protect each other" Aang said, smiling at them. "That means a lot... coming from you two..." Teo said, smiling at us.

"Aang, you were right about air power. As long as we've got the skies, we'll have the Fire Nation on the run" Sokka said. I pull him into a hug. I pull away and smile widely at him. "We sure will..." I said, still smiling at him. I notice his cheeks turning a red. I let out a giggle and ruffle his head. He clears his throat and smiles at me.

Time-skip

We're now flying above the water. We're continuing our journey to the North Pole. I watch as the koala otter swims above the water. They dive into the water as soon as they notices us.

"I'm not one to complain... but can't Appa fly any higher?" Sokka said. I turn to look at him. "As always... grumpy pants..." I said. He rolls his eyes at me, making me chuckle at his reaction. But someone didn't take his comment lightly.

"I have an idea! Why don't we all get on your back and you could fly us to the North Pole!!" Aang said. "I'd love to! Climb on everyone! Sokka's ready to take off!" Sokka said, shaking his butt side to side. Momo get on his back, making me burst out into a fit of laughter. Sokka turns to Momo and glares at him. Aang looks irritated by the way Sokka's acting.

"Okay... settle down, brother, Sokka... we're all tired. But no need to get so irritated..." I said. Aang let out a huff and turn forward. "Y/N's right. We're all a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight..." Katara said.

"And for what?? We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe. There's nothing up here!" Sokka said, gesturing towards our surrounding. I let out a sigh and lay down next to Katara. I didn't know it'll be THIS hard to find the Northern Water Tribe. How long are we going to fly out here?

I can feel a slight changes in the air. "Something's wrong" I said, as sit up and looks around in alert. "What do you mean? You feel something?" Katara asked, with a worried look on her face. I open my mouth to say something, when out of no where the water in front of us rises and freezes into spikes.

Appa runs into it and fall into the water. I hold onto the saddle to steady myself. Then water around Appa freezes, trapping us in spot. Wait... water? Then that could only mean one thing. I can see people on boat appearing around us.

"They're water-benders!!" Katara said, making me grin happily. "We found the Water Tribe!" I said. I hug Aang happily, he laughs and hugs me back. We found it... we found the Tribe! Finally!!

*to be continued*

A/N: I am SO sorry for the lack of updates on this book. I am stuck! But don't worry... this is not the end. I'll try to update as regular as possible. With working on Amazon e-books and college, I have lots to do... so bear with me! Love ya~