Chapter 29

Previously on Chapter 28

Jet looks impressed by what I told him. "Really nice. Now we have a bigger chance at taking down the Fire Nation" he said. "Indeed we are..." I said, grinning at him.

-He Can't Be Trusted-

Y/N P.O.V

"So I might know a way that you, Aang and Y/N can help in our struggle" he said. "Unfortunately we have to leave tonight" Sokka said, getting up. He turns to walk away.

Jet turns his head to look at him in shock. "Sokka, you're kidding me! I needed you for an important mission tomorrow" he said. Sokka stops in his track and turns to him. "What mission?" He asked. I can tell the by the look in his eyes, he's happy that he's finally getting some recognition in this group. I just smile softly, silently wishing him luck.

The Next Day

I'm playing around with Aang and our lemurs with the zip line. It was so much fun! I turn my head and see Sokka walking towards us. I swung towards him and lands on my feet.

"Hey! How's the mission going?" I said. He opens his mouth to say something. But my brother cuts him off as he lands next to me. "Sokka! Look what The Duke gave me!" He said. He have a bag and he takes out a pellet from it. He glance at Momo and grins slyly. He starts throwing the pellets at Momo, who shrieks at him.

Momo jumps and lands on Aang's shoulder. Momo have taken a couple of pellets in his hands. Momo starts throwing the pellets by Aang's feet. "Ow! Quit it!" He said, as he dances around. I let out a laugh as Momo didn't listen to him and continue to throw pellets by his feet.

"Don't just laugh! Help me!!" He said. "Nah~ you're the one who started it..." I said, sticking my tongue out at him. I turn my head to look at Sokka, he sits with his back against the trunk, deep in thought.

I see Katara walking towards him, hands behind her back. "Hey, Sokka... is Jet back?" She said. "Yeah, he's back. But we're leaving" he said. I walk towards them. "Why?" I said. "But I made him this hat..." she said, showing a hat she made.

"Your boyfriend Jet's a thug" Sokka said, glaring at Katara. "What? No, he's not!" Katara said, trying to defend Jet. "He's messes up, Katara" he said. "He's not messed up. He's just got a different way of life. A really fun way of life" Aang said. Sokka sighs at them and turns to look at me.

"What about you, Y/N? Where's you stand in this?" He said. "First, I wanna know why you have all this impression on him..." I said, crossing my arms. "He beat and robbed a harmless old man!" He said. I let out a sigh.

"I kinda always have a slight suspicion on him... not gonna lie. Think about it... he told us that he waited for the right 'distraction' to attack the army the other day. WE just stumble across them. So WE are the distraction. What if he only sees us as a tool! I hate to say this, but... I don't trust him and he can't be trusted" I said, crossing my arms across my chest.

"See??? Even Y/N said so! And she have been right about these kind of thing!" Sokka said. "I wanna hear Jet's side of the story" Katara said. I let out a sigh as I figured she's going to say that. So the four of us make our way towards Jet's hut.

***

"Sokka, you told them what happened, but you didn't mention the guy was Fire Nation?" Jet said, after we asked him to explain what really happened out there.

"No, he conveniently left that part out" Katara said, narrowing her eyes at Sokka. "Fine! But even if he's a Fire Nation. He was a harmless civilian" Sokka said. "He was an assassin, Sokka..." Jet said. He take out something from and thrusts it into a near by stump.

"See? There's a secret compartment for poison in the knife..." he said, as he pulls on the ring and removes a small glass filled with red liquid.

"He was sent to eliminate me. You helped saved my life, Sokka..." he said. Katara smiles at Jet. "I knew there was an explanation" she said. Sokka walks up to him, glaring. "I didn't see any knife!" Sokka said. "That's because he was concealing it" Jet said.

Katara smiles at him and turns to look at Sokka. "See, Sokka? I'm sure you just didn't notice the knife" she said. "There was no knife! I'm going to back to the hut and packing my things" he said. He said, as he stomps away.

"Tell me you guys aren't leaving yet. I really need your help" Jet said, pleadingly. "I'm out of here..." I said, turning around to leave. "You can't just leave, sis!" Aang said. "Whatever..." I said, without looking back.

I walk back to our hut and enter. Sokka is packing our stuff. "Need a hand?" I said. He turns to look at me. "Oh, Y/N... I thought you're going with them?" He said. "Nah... I told you. I don't trust his guts..." I said. I walk forward and starts packing too. "Thanks, Y/N" he said. I turn to look at him and smiles. Then I focus on packing again.

"Guys! We can't just leave now with the Fire Nation about to burn down the forest" Katara said as she and Aang enters the hut. "Look, Katara. You like Jet. I get it. But you can't just go blind on his intention! He's obsessed with what he's doing! He's willing to do ANYTHING to revenge the Fire Nation. He will hurt the innocence of that's what it takes. He can't be trusted!" I said. "She's right. I'm sorry, Katara. Jet's very smooth..." Sokka said.

Katara looks angered by what we said. "You know what I think? You're just jealous that he's a better warrior than you and a better leader!" She said. I gasp at what she just said.

"Katara... you can't be serious right now! How can you just trust someone you just know over Sokka, your OWN brother! That's so low of you..." I said. "Shut up, Y/N! What do you know anyway? You're new to this group! You don't know anything?!" She yelled at me. I stare at her with a sad expression.

"Oh... is that what you've been thinking of me this whole time?? Fine... you don't need me? Okay. I'm leaving..." I spat angrily. I open my glider and turn to fly.

"Oh and one more thing. If what Sokka and I said turns out to be true. Don't say we didn't warn you" I said. I was about to fly away, when I feel a hand grab mine.

I turn my head to see my brother. "You can't leave, Y/N. You're my sister. You're all I have left" he said, pleadingly. "Tell that to her! I'm just an outsider to this group" I said. I yank my hand out of his grip and fly away.

I feel tears streaming down my cheeks. I know that I might be overreacting. But knowing Katara only sees me as an outsider and not a friend really hurts. Aang is my brother... it hurts me to leave him. But I'm not going to stay where I'm not welcome.

*to be continued*