Chapter 20

Bussiness

The princes and others are waiting for me to signal.It is not really easy to get the attention and time of our father, the king because he has a lot to fix.

Sometimes I wonder how my comrades are feeling because of how long I have been able to convince my brother Dark.What's the date? it's like been what? a week?

Just like now, I'm really having a hard time convincing him.

"Kuya,let us no longer wait for Father's explanations.Tignan mo,nagsasayang na tayo ng oras."

Bored siyang sumulyap sa akin at nagpatuloy sa paglalaro ng lapis sa kanyang mga kamay.

"Importante ba talaga yun para hindi magsayang ng oras?" syempre, wala siyang pakialam.Umismid ako sa inasal niya.

Naghintay ako ng ilang minuto para magbago ang isip niya. Nagbabakasakali lang.At hindi nga ako nagkamali dahil pagkatapos nun ay bigla siyang tumayo at kinuha ang mga gamit niya.

"Let's go." I applauded myself because of the joy I felt. He also felt sorry for me.

We started walking to our father's room. Of course before we could enter, the soldier announced that we would enter. We had to get his permission to enter first.

Nakita kong nakadungaw si Ama sa kaniyang lamesa at nakasuot ng eyeglasses.He's of age and probably his sight is not that stable anymore.Inangat nito ang tingin sa amin ng nakitang nakapasok na kami.

We stop and faced our father with a right distance for us to talk.

"His grace," We said simultaneously.I gave father a little courtsey while Dark placed his right hand in his chest and bowes his head a little,to pay respect.

"Oh,how great it is to be visited by your children suddenly.Anong ginagawa niyo rito? Dapat ay nasa trainings niyo pa kayo." He smiled,his shiny glowing white teeth showed.

Dark glance at me at dahil doon ay sumunod naman sa akin ang paningin ni Ama.He's brows twitch.

"Yes?"

I'm really hesitant and unsure to say this to him.It's too early to ask and discuss it with but it is the only way to pursue Dark.

"I have been really curios about your doings back then father."

"Hm? why?"

I played with my hands secretly. I'm afraid of what I might find out and I might make a mistake.

"What did you do eighteen years ago?"

Labis itong nagulat sa tanong ko.Hindi nito inasaahan ang tanong.Oo nga,hindi niya aasahan na malalaman rin namin.Because as they say,he's a wise king and haven't been caught.

Dark shifted and seriously looked at father.I know he's now surprise and curios the way father acted.I hope this would do to make you be my ally kuya Dark.Mahihirapan akong makuha ang iyong  tiwala pero alam kong sasanib ka rin at tulungan ako.

"W-what are you saying Zhaylene." Matigas na pagkasabi nito na mas ikinakumpirma ko pa.I can saw from up here his adams apple going up and down.Wala ka nang takas sa amin Ama.

"Just answer father. We're just asking"
Si Dark.

"It is none of your bussiness Zhaylene,Dark."

"How come Father?" I ask,desperate to know his reasons.

"What I did before was not important and it was just a small job. You don't have to worry,," hindi siya nakatakas ng pumiyok ang kaniyang boses.

Ramdam namin ang kaniyang kaba at pagkabahala.He was worried that we might find out the truth and he stayed cold,distant and acted that nothing was wrong.

"Then why stutter old man?" Walang respetong sabi ni Dark kaya't napalingon agad ako sa kaniya at sinuway siya.

"Dark!" Hinawakan ko siya sa siko.

"Huminahon ka,we must ask him slowly.Huwag kang masiyadong magmadali." I whispered angrily.

Walang mudo at pasensya talaga siya.Hindi ko alam kung saan siya nagmana.They might ended up killing each other if he would always not letting father explain himself first.

"Now that you are grown up you have no respect for your father the king!"
Father said,furios and angry.

Malamang ay hindi niya inasahan ang pagsagot ni Dark.Kuya Dark always shows his respect to our father.He idolised father that he would want to look like him.

"You! Dont! Know! Anything!"

"Then just tell is the truth! You are our King,our Father.But why do you have to make a big mistake that could risk our lives?" Dark saying,pouring his lungs out.Nagpupuyos na rin ito sa galit.

"It is for your own good." Mahinahong sabi nito.

"BUT STILL WHY? STEALING SOMETHING IS ALSO MEANS RISKING OUR PEOPLE'S LIFE! ALSO OURS—"

"IF I DON'T STEAL THEN YOUR SISTER WOULD END UP DEAD DARK!"

Napatigil kaming dalawa ni Dark.Ako?bakit naman ako mamatay? Ano? The revelation caught me off guard.Not only me but also Dark is surprised.

"I don't want to risk your sister's life and she's too young that time.Hindi pa siya matagal sa atin.I still want to see her grow with your sibling."

Mas nagulat pa kami ng may tumulong luha sa kaniyang pisngi.He's crying! after so many years,the king is crying because he was scared to lose a daughter.

"My power is useless to save her.One thing for sure I know is I need to steal something precious to the demon.That is his heart gem that is currently where our  powers came from."

We are still in silent.Dark and I was still processing what our father just reveal to us.Of course he's a king! He is human afterall with emotions and feelings towards his family.How could we underestimate our own father.Hindi gagawa ng isang makasalanang gawain si ama puwera nalang kung kinakailangan.

"Now tell me,if you are in my stand.What are you gonna do to save your daughter's life?To keep her alive?"

———————
:)