2.6

.

"jungwon?" Soyeon says while Misun's back is facing me.

She slowly turns around. Our eyes meet and we keep the contact until one of us breaks it.

And so she does.

I ignore Soyeon, but she speaks again, "C-can we talk...? it's important." she says

Oh my god. I'm not your boyfriend, just leave me alone. I replied in my head

"Why?" i ask.

Misun turns back around, continuing to eat her lunch.

Soyeon's tone in voice was the same as always. She makes it higher and soft for no reason, it's so obvious that it's forced. Why can't she speak normally to me like how she does with the others?

She looks down, "I feel like... you've been avoiding me. For whatever reason." she sulks.

Well, obviously.

If I confronted Soyeon here right now, i wonder how Misun would look at me after. What if she thinks i'm lying and trying to make Soyeon look bad so that Misun can stop talking to her.

I just couldn't think about it, so i agreed to talking to her.

"We can talk privately." i say.

so we head out of the classroom, leaving Misun there. I take one last glance before closing the door and I could've sworn she was staring until she turned her head back around quickly.

I sigh and close the door lightly.

. . .

As much as Misun wanted to listen in, she forced herself to mind her own business and continue to eat her lunch.

Why was Jungwon avoiding Soyeon?

she groans at the thought.

he always avoids people when he feels like it.

she thinks about jungwon, and the day before.

the way he was being clingy and how comfortable he was with her made her smile. the feeling of flutters in her stomach keep coming back just from the thought of it.

suddenly, the door opened a little, leaving a crack in between.

she quickly turns her head towards the door, they couldn't have talked in just a short amount of time...

but they weren't done talking. they were still outside, someone didn't shut the door properly.

The distance between her desk and the door wasn't that far, leaving her to hear what they're saying.

"Who wouldn't avoid you after hearing that?" jungwon says

Misun can hear Soyeon stuttering.

"i heard what you said about me in the bathroom" he says

"wh-what?"

"don't start. you know what i'm talking about." he scoffs

"i'm... sorry."

"i really liked you."

misun didn't want to listen anymore. the word like pulled her heartstrings for whatever reason. she didn't like hearing those words from him.

are you crazy misun, stop thinking like that.

was it jealousy? did she actually want jungwon to like her?