1.6

"eavesdrop"

.

"So that's how it is" i thought as i put both hands on my stomach as i lay flat on my bed.

I never really knew how it was when they hung out at lunch, at their table. With Soyeon's friends and Jungwon's.

Does Soyeon even... like Jungwon?

I shake my head in disbelief. There's no way she doesn't, why would she make me do all of this then?

Even though Soyeon and I talk at school from time to time, it still doesn't feel like we're as close as we used to be.

It's like she's grown out of things, I don't blame her for that.

She seems a lot happier with a lot of friends, but often at times when I go to the cafeteria, I do get a glimpse of them at their table.

Soyeon is always in that spot, either on one side with all the girls, or the other, where she's in between Jungwon and the rest of the guys.

It is kind of odd now that I think of it, because she's never even facing Jungwon. It's like he's an outcast in that table group. It kind of reminds me of myself.

Even though he looks like the "moodmaker" of the group, it's not like that at all.

The thoughts eventually fade away from my head as I start to get sleepy and go to sleep.

Monday.

"thank you, seriously it means a lot." I bow appreciatively to Halmeoni for giving me a free lunch again.

"Of course, misun. Okay! you should get going, you're gonna be late." she waves

I nod and quickly jog to school.

I lower my pace as i get closer. I put the lunch in my bag and pull out my phone to check the time.

it's 8:35, so just in time-

My head clashes onto someone.

He groans and stares at me with a sour look.

"Watch ou-" his face softens then turns to a slight smirk as he realises it's me.

"Oh hey Misun. Sorry, go on, you might get late." he says apologetically.

I'm confused but I keep a straight face and continue to walk, not knowing what to say.

His hand grabs the handle of my bag, pulling me backwards.

I look at him weirdly, "... What's wrong, Riki?" i mutter.

He scratches his nape and starts to slightly pout, "Oh, well I was wondering if you could give me a little bit of money. I really need it, is that okay?"

"Why? we're in the same class and i'm pretty sure we don't need to pay for anything..." I tilt my head

i speak again, "and we're about to be late, if you need a lunch or something, you can ask me later" I say quickly.

He sighs and nods before we both rush to class.

Weird.

I fiddle with my pencil as I look to the front, zoning out.

Soyeon's hair is really nice. She's just pretty in general.

I understand why she's very likeable.

Everything she does is done elegantly, she really is ethereal. I see why she doesn't really hang out with someone like me.

I snap out of it as the bell rings. Meaning lunch has started.

I look up to see Niki walking towards me.

he leans his hand on my desk, "it's really unfortunate that I didn't bring a lunch today." he puts on a pitiful act.

It kind of annoys me how obvious he's being.

I pull out my coin purse and pull out pocket money, enough to buy him at least a snack.

I grab his hand and put it in his palm.

He smiles joyfully then exits.

I sigh at myself, I really am meant to be used and I fall into almost every trap that's layed out for me.

At least i'm useful for some things, i smile.

Today, the whole class is empty for lunch. It's just me sitting here.

I haven't started eating since i've just been unknowingly zoning out.

I want water.

I get up and leave the room to the cafeteria where the vending machines are.

I take my chance to catch a glimpse of them at their table.

There they are, Soyeon laughing, she's facing the boys that are next to her.

Jungwon almost looks like he's just listening to their convo's and waiting for lunch to end.

He does look like he wants Soyeon's attention.

Jungwon's eyes suddenly move to my direction as I stare at them from afar. I guess I've been staring for too long.

He gives me a cold look, as if we don't know one another, then looks away.

I walk to the vending machine to get my water, then I head back.

I see them again, but Soyeon and Jungwon aren't there anymore.

I look side to side, scanning the cafeteria.

I don't know why, but I felt a bit happy knowing they were alone together.

Did he take his chance? Maybe he's taking a step forward to get closer with her.

I smile then skip back to my class room.

As I walk the hallway, I start to pass class 2, but I hear chatter.

The whole school is quiet during lunch except the cafeteria or outside, and nobody really spends their lunch inside the classrooms except for some people in my class.

I slow down my steps to not make a sound, the walls are thin, I can hear their voices.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to get close to you. I'm sorry i lied." a female voice says.

It's Soyeon.

I peak at the window, hoping they wont see me. I feel guilty for eavesdropping, but I do so anyway. it's Jungwon and Soyeon.

"So it wasn't you this entire time..?" he mutters with a disappointed tone, looking at the floor. He's sulking.

My eyes widen, I think i know what they are talking about.

Out of fear, i run back to class. I didn't want to hear the rest of the conversation. I didn't want to know what they were talking about.

He doesn't know does he?

It had to be about something else.

I grit my teeth nervously, losing my appetite. I pull out my phone and go to messages.

I look at his contact anxiously.

I stare intensly at the "delete number" button, impulsive thoughts flood my head.

I shut my eyes and just turn my phone off.

"I can't do it." i whisper.

I'm a coward, why'd I keep this up for so long?

Soyeon's never even asked about what we texted about. It's like she's totally forgotten about this whole thing.

But, why didn't I update her about anything? is it because i'm scared to approach her?

or is it because...

I enjoy texting Jungwon?

A knock comes from the class door.

I quickly turn to see who it is.

"hey."

.