2.0

"girlfriend?"

.

"What if I do? She's my girlfriend after all."

"What?" i ask, hoping i misheard it.

He just smirks then scoffs without answering me.

He walks towards her us as i get up from the seat.

"Anyway, you should probably go. She'll be startled if she wakes up to you randomly touching her hair." He says sarcastically.

His smirk doesn't come off his face, it's really touching a nerve right now.

They aren't dating are they?

I shouldn't be so mad, I pushed her away anyway. But still, is this how she's going to make up for what happened?

I didn't want that, I knew I sounded toxic and stupid but this whole thing i'm seeing right now is not what I want.

He takes the chair I was sitting on and sits on it as well. He places a chocolate milk on her desk and just sits silently while scrolling on his phone.

Is this for real?

They are spending time together, in silence.

Why am I so envious?

He looks at me with those eyes telling me to "go away" or something.

i finally accept it and leave, not happy of course.

I sulk as i walk my way to the cafeteria with the one bun in my hand.

I walk towards the table, i see Soyeon staring my way.

I don't want to look at her.

Jake waves his hand, i wave back and I take a seat next to him.

its the guys on this side, and the girls in front of us.

They talk about useless things, and they tease each other. To be honest, it's so fake that it's obnoxious.

Soyeon does as well, she's been doing it.

I guess this is their way of flirting. How could I be jealous of this all along?

"Stop taking my food, Jake!" Soyeon pouts.

Jake laughs and continues.

They all laugh, but theres nothing really funny about it.

I lean my face on my hand while i stare blankly at the unopened bun. Just spinning it on the table.

Hyejin jumps in excitement and slams both her hands on the table, causing all of us to pay attention to her, "We should do secret Santa or something!"

I guess they're planning about what to do in winter break.

What do I want to do?

Jake matches her excitement, "And then we could have a party at my place." He wiggles his eyebrows to all of us while smirking.

I roll my eyes, clearly uninterested.

"W-what do you want to do... Jungwon?" Soyeon 'nervously' says.

Jesus christ, i could see right through her. Why is she acting all "shy" as if she wasn't just talking bad about me earlier.

I always fell for her 'innocent' act. Why am I just realizing it now?

I shrug, "I don't know. I'll probably go to America or something and buy lots of stuff since i'm sooo rich and can afford anything." I sarcastically say.

Woah. those words definitely just rolled out of my mouth.

She's gonna think I heard her in the bathroom.

They all stare at me blankly, speechless.

I hate it when they all have their attention on me. It's nerve-racking.

"What?" i silently say.

They probably thought I was serious.

Soyeon doesn't know what to say, instead she just turns her head to her friends awkwardly.

"Haha.. Okay. What about you, Jiwoo?" She switches the topic

Whatever.

While everyone else is talking, Jake turns to me and slaps me on the back, leaning into my ear.

"Dude? You're not serious are you?" He whispers.

I look at him and raise an eyebrow, "Of course not. Why tf would I go to America." I laugh.

He awkwardly laughs as well.

"You kinda had an attitude towards Soyeon. Did somethin' happen?" He whispers again.

I shrug.

"Dunno."

He stares at me blankly, waiting for me to say something else. But, i don't. So he just turns back.

The bell rings for classes, I quickly get up and start walking to my class.

My bun is still unopened.

I throw it in the trash. There's no point in eating it if i'm not gonna eat it with someone.

Someone grabs onto my arm and links onto it.

It's Soyeon. My face suddenly reddens.

Dammit, i think i really do have a crush on her. Despite all that.

"Uh.. hey?" I say.

"Hey, are you okay Jungwonnie?~" she says with that forced voice once again.

She looks to the floor, "You seem a bit sad today." she says again.

I slowly unlink her arms off mine.

I act clueless, "No? why would I be sad?" i say

She shrugs, "I don't know, i guess you're not acting the way you... usually act?" she comments

I look at her and raise my eyebrow, "How am I supposed to usually act?" i use air quotation marks around the usually.

She looks at me tongue-tied, I guess she's run out of responses.

"i-i'm sorry." she says

"for what?"

Her eyes widen in shock after realizing i "didn't" hear their conversations.

Gotcha.

"you didn't... hear?" she says again

I shrug my shoulders again, "hear what?"