1.8

"jw"

.

I was angry and confused.

What was she thinking?

All this time I was talking to Misun. How did I not know? She acted completely normal in front of me.

I always felt something strange around her. She made it easy to have someone to talk with. She always seemed so... familiar?

All these thoughts run through my head and before I know it, i've already reached the bakery.

I look to the alley where I always place my bike, I forgot to ride it to school again.

Flashbacks of Friday when I rode Misun home played in my head.

A smile started forming on my lips.

I shook my head, what the hell am I smiling about?

I scoff and turn away from the bike, still angry about this whole situation.

I go into the bakery. I quickly go in the back and get my apron before going to the counter.

I also put a mask on since I don't want to get flour all over my face if I go to the kitchen again.

Halmeoni hasn't been working recently, so I have to cover for her.

I take a seat behind the counter as I wait for customers.

almost 10 minutes pass and the bell rings as the door opens.

i quickly stand up and put on my welcoming face.

"Hey is there anythi-" i stop once i see who it is.

"Misun?" i say.

A smile of excitement forms on my face, but i quickly drop it.

Why was I excited?

She looks at me nervously before pulling something out of her bag before giving it to me.

I raise an eyebrow, i'm supposed to be mad, I mean i am, but it feels like i've been waiting for her.

"Here." she hands me an envelope, like a money envelope.

I put on a straight face, "I told you, I don't want to talk to you again." i say

I'm not sure why, but was what I said true? Why did I want to get something out of her, like a reaction, or an apology, maybe she'd ask us to restart? as friends.

but, she just nods.

"That's right. We wont be involved with each other anymore." she smiles, a weak smile. Did she want to say that?

I didn't like the words I was hearing. But what did I expect?

I didn't like the idea of not texting Soyeon anymore, or should I say Misun?

It sounds wrong. I shouldn't want to keep texting someone who tricked me...

But i do.

She walks away, "Wait" i stop her.

She turns around, "Good luck! i know you'll try your best with Soyeon. She likes you afterall." she puts her fist up 'cheering me on' but why?

That's right though, I like Soyeon.

She finally exits and I open the envelope.

Theres a message written under the opening flab.

"Tell Halmeoni I said thank you, for giving me the job."