Big Choices and Big News

Start from the beginning

“It was, um, interesting. I guess you could say? Definitely something I probably wouldn’t want to relive.” At this small chuckles are heard as Jay releases my hand and saunters over to the chair, casually sitting on the arm with a smirk sprawled across his face. Glancing at the others, they seem a bit antsy, almost a bit on edge if you ask me. But you didn’t did you? Finally Max stands up, his full height of five foot seven seeming much taller than it actually is.

“Hey Beccy.”

“Beccy? Um no Max, that’s just a no.”

“Whatever… We- Erm I mean- I – need to ask you something. Now what I’m about to ask you may seem crazy, and completely well insane. Because to be truthful with you it is, but we discussed it with management and we think it’d be a great idea an-“

“Max, just get on with it would you?”

“We-I-Er. We’ve all agreed, including management, that you should come back to London. So will you?”

~.~

“Whoa, Whoa! Hold your fucking horses! You want me to what?”

“Rebbeca calm down.”

“Ohhhh NO! I will not calm down! Are you fucking mental? All of you! I refuse to go back to London, especially with you lot! I’ve finally started coming into my own here. I have a job; I’m going to school and let us not forget… I NO LONGER GET HATE FROM THE FANS! How can you even think, for a second that I’d want to go back to London?”

Silence. It seems to happen a lot when I don’t want it. Usually, I’m quite keen on it being quiet, especially after living with these morons for so long. But now, after everything I’ve just said I get looks. You know what, not even ‘looks’ but a look. It’s a look of pleading, a type of look where they’re begging you to consider even all the options that are set out before you.  What even gave them the slightest idea of hope that I’d want to go back with them, is just so confusing. After everything that we’ve been through, they’d think I’d go back. Now that I have everything that I needed, they wanted me to go back to that hell hole? And for what, to please management?

“Rebbeca, please listen.” Tom pleads, hopping off of the couch and rushing over to me. Stopping to look at him, his eyes show a different meaning into me returning to the house. While arching an eye brow at him, he wraps an arm around my shoulder and ushers me off to the kitchen. Our feet patter in unison, until we come to a final stop in front of the silver refrigerator. 

“Rebbeca?”

“What Thomas, if you haven’t guessed it I’m still peeved so make this quick.”

“I will, but promise to listen carefully?” I nod in consent as the words start spilling from his mouth. “Alright listen Becc’s, to be honest I think this whole idea of you coming back is just as fucking crazy as you. We both, okay we all know your history with Nathan, fuck the whole world does. The thing is though, he did his best writing while you were in the house, and now well he’s shooting blanks to say. Nothing creative has come out of the little sloth face since you left, and we have an album that’s supposed to be released, well last month. Rebbeca, Nathan was in love with you. He truly was, but something changed inside of his dumbass fly brain that made him lose you and his talent. If we bring you back, well according to management, his talent will magically appear again. See what I’m saying? When you went out with Andy tonight, Nathan was the most surprised of all when we found out you were still here. Given we all knew Max knew something, and we had our suspicions about Seev. But Nath, Jay and I, we knew nothing. So seeing you, well maybe that sparked something. Anyway, I’m getting off point. When you left, the first thing Nathan did was call management and told them you were still around. Making it very, very, clear that he wanted to speak to them as soon as possible, much to the dismay of Max. We put the phone on speaker afterward and all had a deep and heated conversation. The truth is, we all miss you and our best times were with you Beccs. And some of our greatest hits, such as “I Found You” were based on you. We need you Becc’s we really do. Without you, hell we’re shit. Okay so we’re not but you see where I’m going with this? And think about it, you can fuck with Nathan all you want. Basically play him like a game, and a great, long and challenging game at that.”