Chapter 14

A/N: chapter to celebrate 8k reads on 'Freak'! Thanks peeps!
*********************************************************
"Louis? We're going back to school, remember? Wake up!" Someone was shaking me lightly as I woke up, blinking my eyes open to meet those of my boyfriends.
"'Kay." Yawning, I stumbled into my bathroom, grabbing some clothes on the way. After I showered and got changed, I went back out, where the boys were gathering last minute stuff and cramming it into various suitcases.
"You okay, boobear?" Harry came over.
"I'm fine, Haz." I smiled at him, giving him a hug. He clung onto me, and I shut my eyes contentedly.
Several minutes later, Niall and Liam broke us apart, telling us that we had to go. Zayn was sitting on the bed, eyes glazed over. For the past week, he'd spent every moment possible trying to find out where Finn (and Trixie) was. Whatever Zayn saw, he didn't tell me.
"Come on." Liam gently shook Zayn, pulling him out of his trance. All of the suitcases had been moved out, so I presumed they'd been loaded into the plane that would take us back to the school.
"I -" My voice broke, and I looked over to Finn's bedroom.
"It's fine, Lou." Niall said softly.
"I - I need to say goodbye." With that, I ran into Finn's room. It was still quite tidy, yet looked unlived in. Slowly, I trailed a hand down the somewhat-made bed, how Finn'd left it, and crouched down, picking something up off the floor that had fallen from the bedside table.
It was a picture of him and Trixie, sitting together on a sunny beach, Finn holding Trixie by her waist. Both of them were laughing, and I felt a pang in my heart that the beautiful relationship had been ripped at and destroyed.
Tears fell down my cheeks as I carefully replaced it on the bedside table. As I looked around, I noticed everything in order. His clothes were still hung up, his shoes and books tucked away, his diary in between his -
Diary. I snatched it up, and gently turned to the last entry, that was marked two weeks ago.
'Going to see them in a few days'.
My heart beat faster, and I turned the page backwards, seeing the familiar handwriting scrawled across the pages. 'I've got to protect him. I don't care the costs, but I'm not having it. Besides, I can look after myself, and I'm going to take my super-secret-awesomeness.'
"Liam!" I yelled. As they came into the room, I noticed my hands were shaking.
"What's wrong, Lou?" Liam asked, wrapping his arms around my waist and pecking my cheek.
"This. Finn went to meet someone." I handed the diary over, even though I felt bad for invading Finn's privacy.
"I'll take it to the team, while you go and get your shoes on to leave." He hinted.
"Going!" Laughing, I ran out the room, down the corridor, and bounded outside. Harry and Niall ran after me, whereas Zayn followed Liam. "D'you know if Zayn's seen anything yet?"
"What he has or hasn't is for the team." Niall glanced at me.
"He's my brother!" As we walked along, I tuned into the voices, finding Niall's thoughts, and delving into his mind.
Suddenly, it was as though something hit me across the head and I flinched. "Don't look, boobear." Harry murmured.
"You did that?" I gasped as Niall took my hand to heal my headache.
"If Zayn's shared anything with either of us, we don't want you to worry, boo." He said softly. Irritated, I fell silent. I knew they meant well, but it was worse not knowing, and Harry still could beat me in an empathy duel. I'd never really tried.
Once Harry was distracted talking to Niall, I shut my eyes, going into the very forefront of Harry's thoughts. I knew, the second I even touched his thoughts, he'd throw up the most powerful shields.
Several minutes later, and his mental shields had completely fallen, and he was relaxed, focused on the conversation. I braced myself for the pain, focusing on what I wanted to find out, before plunging into Harry's mind.
The shields flew up, but I tore them aside, my headache already spiking, splitting my head in two, as Harry yelped in pain. My guilt increased, but so did my determination to find out about Finn.
As I battled to whizz through his memories, Harry was trying to remove me from his mind, and I could feel myself loosing grasp of his memories. "You'll hurt yourself..." Harry rasped, as people started to try to stop us.
Hurriedly, I sorted through his recent memories with Zayn, and the emotions associated with them. When I reached one that was at nighttime, associated with fear and worry, I scanned through it.
"Get - OUT!" Harry cried, and my world fell black.
*********************************************************
"Louis?"
"He's waking up."
My eyes fluttered open, and I looked up into the faces of Liam and Zayn. "That was silly." Liam chided, brushing the hair back from my face.
"I want to know..."
"Louis, you've upset Harry." Zayn frowned at me. "He's been crying for the past hour. Even if you want to help, sometimes you've got to just accept that you can't."
That was it. I finally realised how stupid I'd been. Harry was hurt because of me, and I might have risked our relationship over this first, petty fight.
"I - I'm sorry." Tears rose in my eyes.
"Tell that to him." Liam motioned to the other side of the plane. Harry was curled up in a ball, head in Niall's lap. On closer inspection, I saw the tear tracks down his face, and how his face was set into a light frown.
Hesitantly, I crept over, and Niall looked up at me. As Harry stirred, panic took over me. If he rejected me, I could loose the people who meant the most to me.
"Lou, go apologise." Zayn caught my arm as I hurriedly backed up, trembling.
"It's best if you do it sooner rather than later." Liam told me gently, rubbing my hand comfortingly. "Go on."
"He hates me, he hates me!" I sobbed, tears falling down my face.
"Haz doesn't hate you, Lou." Liam murmured.
"He hates me!" Gasping in my breath between sobs, I tried to calm myself down, but I could feel a panic attack coming on, knowing that I'd screwed up our beautiful relationship.
"Boobear, breathe." Harry's calming voice came over me, and I clung onto him as he hugged me. "It's okay, I love you."
"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have, and I d-didn't mean to, I'm so sorry, p-please don't hate me, I -" By this point, I was stumbling over my words, so Harry hugged me tighter, hushing me.
My whole body was shaking violently as this point, and I was gasping for each breath I took. "Boobear, breathe, I've got you. You're not going anywhere." Harry whispered. "I'm right here, I'm not leaving you."
"I-I'm sorry, I- pl-please don't l-leave me, I lo-love you -" The world was becoming tinted with brighter colours as I struggled.
"He's not breathing." Liam said worriedly, rubbing my back.
"It's okay, Lou, we all love you. We're not leaving you." Niall gave me a Horan hug, but I couldn't meet his eyes, trembling in their hold.
"Louis, listen." Zayn told me firmly. "It was a mistake, but you're forgiven. Just breathe."
"I- I c-ca-can't." My world was spinning around me, and I collapsed.
"Lou, don't go to sleep. It's okay." Liam kissed my forehead, arms supporting me. "Just focus on us, yeah?" Despite the severe pain in my chest, I slowly sat up, and gasped in air, trying to slow my breathing.
"Boobear, breathe with me." Harry curled up to me, exaggerating his breathing so I could hear him over my erratic breaths. I tried to copy him, but ended up coughing, choking over myself.
"Just slow down, Lou, okay?" Niall said softly. "It's okay." The pain in my chest was killing me, and I scrabbled at the pressure, trying to relieve it. "What hurts, Lou?"
"The carbon dioxide, he needs to breathe again." Liam muttered.
"Lou? Don't go to sleep."
"Louis! Louis, breathe!"
"Boobear, don't leave me!"
*********************************************************