Chapter Twenty-Three: America's Most Wanted

*At Stonewall Prep*

Jughead's narrator: Honor. It's a word that gets thrown around a lot of Stonewall Prep.

Mr. Dupont: Mr. Weston Wallis, you have been challenged to a duel by Mr. Jones, who has invoked arcane Stonewall Prep tradition. Do you accept?

Bret: That'd be a yes.

Mr. Dupont: Very good.

Bret: What about fencing?

Jughead: Oh, can we just bare-knuckle brawl?

Mr. Dupont: May I suggest that you do both.

Joan: And in case of a tie-breaker, a battle of intellect.

Donna: A chess match.

Mr. Dupont: Excellent.

Mr. Chipping: Come on, Francis. What is this?

Mr. Dupont: Just for fun. You may both now choose a second for moral and tactical support.

Bret: I pick Jonathan.

Jughead: I'll choose Sean.

Mr. Dupont: And may the best man win.

*after class*

Mr. Chipping: Jughead?

Jughead: Hey, Chip.

Mr. Chipping: I know you've been working so damn hard and Mr. Dupont didn't work out for me. Next week, I have to retire.

Jughead & Sean: Wait, what?!

Mr. Chipping: I'm sorry boys. I ain't got nowhere else to do. I contact Mr. Dupont twice.

Jughead: Listen, if I win, you're gonna get your job back. I always win.

Mr. Chipping: *hearing*

Sean: Come on, man. *smiles at Mr. Chipping* He can do better than this.

Mr. Chipping: I'll see you guys later. *walks away*

Jughead: I have to get back in my room. Meet me tonight in the room. *walks away*

Sean: *collecting his stuff while hearing Bret*

Bret: *arrived*

Sean: I knew it was you, Bret. *sees him*

Bret: You're not here because of your talent. The Admissions Committee? None of them have read a single word you've ever written. You're a statistic, a project. Every year there's one of you. Some welfare freeloader who never amounts to anything. Just like your crush, Hope Mikaelson. She's been missing and couldn't be surviving including your father. That is your past, present, and future, Sean.

Sean: *grabs him and slammed to the table and holds his fist* SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Bret: Looks like you've inherited his temper, too.

Sean: *breathing*

Jughead: Sean? What's going on? *comes back*

Sean: Why would you ask him. *leaves*

*Meanwhile*

*At the basement in Stonewall Prep*

Hope got kidnapped by the members of Stonewall Prep.

Hope: LET ME OUT! HEY! *tries to untie and it was tightened up*

*6pm*

*At Pop's*

Michelle: It's getting dark out here.

Luis: *still eating the fries*