8: His Pain

EDITED*

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy,
I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
-Unknown

Caspian

I don't know how long I sat there, but I must have been hours.

I had curled beside my mate, and was just holding her. My crying had stopped, and I felt hollow.

Was this how she felt after I rejected her?

She must have felt extremely horrible if it made her want to die. I was supposed to love her, care for her, be there, and instead, I act like a jerk, and continue on acting like nothing happened.

I am an idiot for not seeing this earlier.

And to add on to it, when the doctor diagnosed her, he found several bruises and cut covering her body.

It wasn't all from the fall.

Someone had been doing this to her, and I need to find out who.

But right now I need to focus on being there for her. Being by her side.

I look at my mate and bring my hand to get cold cheek, and caress it slowly.

"I miss you so much, more then you can understand. Please come back. I don't deserve you but come back so that I can work for you. You may never be able to love me, but let me be there and help you forgive me if all the stupid and idiotic acts I have done.

If I wasn't an idiot, this would have never happened, and for that I can never forgive myself. You being like this is my fault. Please please wake up. I need you now."

By then I was back bursting into tears, crying in the arms of my mate.

Andrea

I was in tears.

I've never seen this side of him before. It made me feel like I meant something to him.

He still needed to pay for what he did, but look at him now. He has gone lengths to change. I look towards Allura.

"When do I make my final decision?" I asked her.

She turned to face me and said,"I think you already have." She was right.

I wanted to go back. Back to my mate. Not just yet, but soon, very soon.

I continue to watch him in the most vulnerable state I have ever seen him in.

He's laying next to my unconscious body curled up and softly crying into my neck.

He looked devastated.

His blue eyes looked like a dark storm brewing inside, his hair messed up as he hadn't brushed it, let alone wash it. His face unshaven, the stubble collecting on his chin.

I smiled.

You might think that's psychotic of me to smile when my mate is in pain, but to be honest, it makes me happy. He now knows how it feels in a way to be alone.

I shake my head out of the weirdly happy but insane thoughts.

I can't wait to make him work for me.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hello Readers!

I'm very sorry for the long update, many things have been happening including me feeling under the weather.

DONT WORRY IM NOT DEAD

IM SURELY ALIVE!

If anyone got that reference comment :)

I hope to update soon but for the next chapter 12 votes and 3 comments please :))

Thank you lovelies :)