22

Beau still hadn't outright admitted to his feelings towards Five but it was obvious he felt something and maybe that was enough but after needing concrete information from Five he knew he would have to say something. Five deserved to know what he was thinking considering he couldn't read minds or feel emotions, Beau guessed it was a very one-sided thing in that respect. 

But as Beau and Five lay side by side, silently staring at the off-white ceiling, Beau didn't know what to say, what words to use or even how to begin. Five was in love with him but did he feel the same way? Beau supposed he did, why else did his heart race the way it did? Why else did Five evoke such visceral emotions in him under any situation? Some things made perfect sense and other's didn't, Beau guessed his love for Five made a lot of sense after he analyzed every single interaction he had with the boy. And after looking back, Beau had trouble not seeing the truth before.

"So, what now?" Five muttered softly as if scared to break the silence and whatever spell the pair seemed to be under. They had never been so comfortable, so vulnerable and it was new and frightening.

Beau turned his head to eye the changing emotions seeming to pour out of Five, "What do you mean?"

"I mean with us. Are you going to tell your wife? Will she be angry?" Five scoffed to himself, shaking his head as he never dared to look at Beau, "What am I saying? Of course, she will, she's your wife. I'm such an idiot-"

"Hey, hey, Five, calm down." Beau propped himself up on his elbow and took the boy's face in his hand so he would finally match his gaze, "Everything will be fine."

"How do you know that?"

"Because she has been the one pushing me to know the truth about us." Beau had finally understood all of her cryptic messages and possibly why she couldn't tell him herself. He had been hard on her but he was hurt and confused, Beau knew Rosie wouldn't hold that against him but he still worried.

Five frowned, "She knew all this time?"

"She did but she has always been the more intuitive one."

"So, she wouldn't be angry?"

"Love, she will be ecstatic." Beau chuckled.

Five stared for a moment, eyes flickering over Beau's features before a grin gradually took over, "Does that mean you can call me that more often?"

"What is your obsession with this nickname?" It really did amuse Beau to see Five perk up every time he heard it fall from his lips, how his eyes lit up suddenly.

"I don't know." Five shrugged, "I guess it just makes me feel special."

"You are special, love."

It was almost like Beau could breathe, like the veil had been lifted and everything was finally pushed to the light. He could see the way Five looked at him and if he was being selfish Beau would say he enjoyed it and maybe he had been looking at Five the same way but no one had noticed and definitely not himself, it was all brand new. He was afraid he would ruin everything, push Five away like he had been doing but instead of the boy springing back, the elastic band tying him to Beau would snap once and for all. Who knows if what either of them needed was the chasing and pining instead of validation. Who knows if Beau was too selfish and self-hating to ever give Five what he wanted or needed. 

Beau slowly pulled his lips away from Five's, "Think we should go see what Klaus was yelling about?" He suggested, moving a strand of hair away from emerald green eyes.

Five smiled and nodded as they both stood from the bed, careful for his injury. "But, wait, where's Rosie?" 

"She'll be... lurking around." Beau shrugged, receiving a look of confusion which was quickly brushed off when he grinned and grabbed ahold of Five's arm so he could spatial jump them both down to the kitchen. Five only huffed and did so without another word.