10

Sure, the whole end of the world situation wasn't going too well on Five's part but Beau, on the other hand, had already told his wife of the future events and the two were just spending more time together. Something told him Rosie didn't really care as long as he was there with her so that was what he gave her, it was the same vice versa as well. What else did Beau have to live for? He never had a good reason to stay in the world of the living until his Rosie came along. They definitely had separation issues, both of them would say on occasion and it was mostly true.

Rosie was just happy to lay about, talking about nonsense into the early hours of the morning, even when Beau had told her numerous times that she needed to sleep. Because the woman knew all about Beau's insomnia and wanted to be there for him, so he wasn't so lonely when the stars dulled and the sun rose.

"Honey, I know you have no faith in humanity but are you sure we shouldn't be doing something?" Rosie said as the two were silently laying on his childhood bed, each having a book in their hands though Beau was often distracted by his phone.

Beau huffed, the book dropping to his lap carelessly, "Five dragged me along to some eye factory because he thinks it will be the cause of the end but I'm not sure. And anyway don't you think it's time for things to finally go up in flames?" He peered down to his wife, her eyes wide and bright with that knowing look she always had around him.

"Well yeah," Rosie chuckled slightly, "You know I share your hatred for people, it's just now that Five is back it must be really important."

"It's always something with him, love. He doesn't understand that sometimes things happen for a reason." None of the Hargreeves siblings seemed to know that and that could be because of their upbringing that lacked any sort of paternal and maternal comfort until Grace had joined them. And yes, that can affect a person later into their adult years but surely they can begin to grow and think for themselves with the help of media and observations from others. The way they acted was immature as some of them never seemed to grow mentally at all.

Rosie hummed, placing a bookmark in place before laying the book on the bedside table so she could give her full attention, "And you believe he is ignorant or immature to want to keep the world safe?"

"He has always been ignorant." Beau easily told her with a roll of his eyes, "I just wonder if he'll end up doing more bad than good and blame himself for all that is to come." It was only a matter of time before Five either really did 'save the world' and it would go to his head - and inflate his ego - or he would realise things were not going to change and he would internalise that so much it would ruin him in every way possible. Five couldn't function if his goal, the thing he had to achieve, was not possible.

"It's giving him a purpose though. It seems like he needs to keep his mind off something." Rosie wondered aloud, obviously feeling half sorry for the outwardly appearing young teen. She was maternal, it was only in her nature.

Beau raised an eyebrow, "You think he's done something terrible already?"

"Either that or something terrible has happened to him."

There was a loud sigh as Beau lay back heavily onto the pillow, staring up at the off-white ceiling, "So what do you suppose I do? Pretend we're best friends? Act like I care about what is going to happen?"

Rosie leaned over, looking down upon her husband with a soft gaze as she ran her fingers through his dark hair, "You should be there for him, honey. You obviously don't have to be friends - because I know you can't do that - but you can tell him you are there when he needs it."

"And why would I want to do that?" Beau frowned.

"Because like it or not, my love, he is family."