Chapter 15

T H I R D   P E R S O N.

"I thought you cleared all the evidence of mine and Catherine's relationship, Peter!" He banged his hand hard on the wooden desk in his office making Peter flinch.

"S-sir I did. I made sure to burn everything Catherine had relating to your relationship" Peter stuttered out.

But he was telling the truth, he did burn every belongings Catherine had that signified their relationship.

"Then explain to me how the fuck did Isabella have her journal without us knowing?" He snarled at Peter clearly not in the mood for bullshit.

"I d-don't know s-sir" Peter was scared for his life. He knew what his boss was capable of.

His boss took out a whiskey bottle and poured some into a glass, Peter was still shaking in his seat. When he finished poured the whiskey into the glass he turned to face Peter, he stood there looking at him deciding what should be done next. He chugged the drink down in one gulp and set the glass back down on the desk. 

"Since Isabella has had the journal for years now, I'm absolutely sure she has read it. Which means she knows Catherine was in a relationship with me. But why didn't she ask me? Maybe she doesn't know or hasn't read the whole journal yet." He was mumbling to himself while Peter was quietly waiting for the next orders.

"S-sir, what are we going to do about it now?" Peter asked nervously.

"There is only one way to eliminate this problem, Peter"

"H-how?"

"We are going to have to kill Isabella Marie D'Amelio."

"B-but s-sir, she's going to be Santiago De Luca's future wife and she's also staying with them. It's an impossible job as long as she is under their protection" Peter reason out to his boss in front of him.

"Peter, Peter, Peter. Nothing is impossible il mio ragazzo." He smirked ( il mio ragazzo - My boy )

"B-but sir it is, if Santiago De Luca finds out someone wants his future wife dead then we'll all be dead"

"Peter, you're so naive" he laughed out loud "I killed his mother! I killed Catherine! And I'm still here. I'm not afraid of that ragazzino, do you know who I am?" He faced Peter again. ( ragazzino - little boy )

"Y-yes s-sir... "

"And Who am I, Peter?" He asked.

His voice low and dangerous which made Peter want to run and hide but he still had to answer his boss's question, which he did.

"Elijah Rossi."

...

I S A B E L L A.

I pushed my troubles to the back of my mind as Rosalie and I sat in the library reading beside the fire place as the snow outside settled on the manicured lawns.

We were alone at home, well aside from the maids and butlers but they were taking it easy too seeing as the bitter cold prevented us from doing a lot.