Chapter 9

S A N T I A G O.

It has been a week since Isabella had moved in with me and it has been seven whole days since I have come to accept the fact that I am to marry her. It has been one hell of a week after that day I had lost my self control, the sexual tension had been lingering around us and I knew Isabella could feel it to.

After that dreadful day, she has been avoiding me every time she was near me or i was near her she'd make some excuse to leave the room. Every night when I had arrived from work she'd be fast asleep and in the mornings before I awake she'd be out of bed.

I needed to know how she felt about all this and certainly by she avoiding me I've become restless.

Was she still only doing it for Ivy or did she see a future?

Do I see a future with her?  I don't know. I never felt like this about any woman before in my life, there's something special about her that draws me to her.

"Carlos! Go to Miss D'Amelio I'm sure she's in the libary either with Ivy or she's alone but tell her to meet me in my office in fifteen minutes" I ordered.

"Yes sir." Carlos replied and hastily hurried out of my study.

I straighten out my suit and make my way from the study to my office.

Along the way I gave myself a prep talk, If I am to find out what is going through Bella's head I had to ask the question to receive the answer.

You also need to be calm and gental with her. My subconscious added.

I stood at the windows as I watched the rays of the sun grace the beautiful gardens below.

The gentle knock on the door had my nerves tied in knots, I took a deep breath and turned to face the door.

"Come in" I say and the rattling of the door knob is followed by the grace of Isabella.

"You called to speak to me?" she says as she bites her bottom lip causing my body to react and sinful things went through my mind.

I hold myself back from demanding her to stop biting her lip.

Fuck. The effect she has on me is unbelievable.

"Yes, have a seat" I said.

She hesitantly walked over but stops shortly as she looks at her surroundings.

I watch her closely as her eyes light up and instead of sitting down like I asked, she walked over to the windows and looked out.

The light that surrounded her from the gentle rays of the sun that had yet to melt half the snow on the tops of the pine trees gave her an angelic look and I had to take a seat to hide the growing bulge that was straining my pants.

Instead of talking to her, I let her explore my office and I take a seat behind the desk and entwined my hands placing my chin on them as i admire her curiosity.

She gracefully walks over to the bookshelf and runs her fingers over the spines of the books.

Until a particular picture frame seems to have caught her attention.

I watch her with interest as she picks the frame up with shaky hands and turns to look at me, I suppress a gasp when I see tears pricked her eyes as if any moment they were to shed.

"H-how?" She asks.

"How what?" I asked and I knit my brows in confusion.

She walks over and shakily hands the frame in her over to me, I take it from her shaking hands and look at what had her so startled.