I'm Not Your Play Thing

Start from the beginning

Reporter: Sources say, you are in a relationship with your best friend-Chef Hatchet-'s sibling. Is this true?

Chris: Yeah, it's true.

Reporter: Aren't they a bit...different from you?

Chris: Yeah, they're definitely out there. In all honesty, I had no intention of being with them for too long. I just wanted to have some fun.

Reporter: So you have no...genuine feelings for (Y/N)?

Chris: No, I don't think I do. I mean they are a great friend, but probably not the best romantic partner- at least not for me. They were just a fun fling, for a while.

(Y/N) stopped reading, angrily throwing their phone at the nearest tree and storming off to their shared trailer. The whispers and mumbling surrounding them was almost too loud, all of them speaking in pity and concern. (Y/N) ran into Chris on the way, he was heading in the same direction. (Y/N) paused, turning and gripping Chris' wrist. They were no longer angry, just hurt and feeling disgusting in their own skin.

"How long were you planning on toying with my feelings?" (Y/n) snapped, tears in their eyes. "Until I got bored." Chris said, nonchalantly.

"Bored? BORED?! Was I just a fling to you?! This entire time?!" Chris shrugged, not really paying any mind to what (Y/N) was saying.

"You were there to satisfy my needs, and keep my interest occupied when I wasn't working. You did your job, well, (Y/N). You should be proud." Chris said, as if it was an honor.

"So that's all I've been to you? A plaything? I thought I mattered to you after all of the time we spent together! I thought you genuinely cared about me!" (Y/N) yelled, tears streaming down their face. Chris scoffed.

"Yeah, well, you thought wrong." He turned and walked the other direction, answering his phone, as if their conversation hadn't happened. (Y/N)'s heart dropped upon hearing the man they loved so deeply say this so easily, the anger and betrayal they had now replaced with a deep, aching sadness. Without another word, (Y/N) turned and left, heading to their shared trailer and grabbing their suitcase, tears still streaming down their face as they hiccup while shoving things into their suitcase. A passing thought crossed their mind, where they had hoped that the next time they used their suitcase would be to move their things into Chris' house, and not to pack up and leave the life they knew with him behind. But that thought was easily replaced with the betrayal and uncaring reaction as they yelled and cried in front of him. (Y/N) shook the thought from their mind, returning to shoving things into their suitcase, pushing thoughts of doubt into the back of their mind. (Y/N) went to the mess hall, finding their brother easily.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing?" Chef Hatchet, questioned, noticing the suitcase and tears running down his sibling's face.

"I'm going home, Chef. Chris made me very much aware of how he really feels about me." (Y/N) said, turning away slightly. "He had an interview with Teen Scene, he spoke...so poorly of me. I can't stay, Chef. I have to go. I'll be waiting for you at home, though." They hugged their big brother, who towered over their small frame as he embraced them back. (Y/N) left the mess hall, heading to the dock of shame, which felt ironically fitting at the moment. They boarded the boat they used to arrive on the island, heading back to the mainland.

~~

Chris finished his phone call, turning around to find (Y/N), though they were no longer there. He shrugged it off, figuring they went to meet with Chef for a while. Chris went to torture some campers, running directly into Topher. He shrugged him off, but Topher grabbed his arm.