十六 : reject

" the little things you like stick,
and i like aerosol "
________________

all her effort, for nothing.

she was back to square one. she regretted it. if only, her words didn't slip. no. if only she never bothered to find him that day.

as if the universe was messing with them, it seems that because of the so-called 'wall' he initially created, the more they found themselves coincidentally together.

today, unlucky for yui, she was not feeling the best. her head pounded heavily as she moved her body lethargically.

if only she didn't force herself to come to school.

her friends had left home early resulting in her having to walk home alone.

feeling quite drowsy, her legs suddenly gave up on her.

a fall was to come.

she squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the pain to come, but it never came.

it never came because he was there to save her.

again.

"kimura? were you going to literally fall down the stairs?" his tone was harsh yet warm.

how ironic.

"let go. i'm fine." she claimed as she tried to free herself from his grip. she was sick. not only physically, but also mentally. why would he care?

if he has nothing to do with her, she also has nothing to do with him.

why bother.

"you're burning."
his touch.

she had no idea when his palm had landed on her forehead but the moment she realised, she snapped.

she hated being played.

"NISHIMURA WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME?" she yelled. both were taken aback by the sudden outburst.

nonetheless, she continued. "you asked for space, i gave you space. you ask for me to mind my own business, and so i did. so why do you even care? why are you allowed to meddle with my business and i can't with you?"

silence erupted loudly until he sighed to speak again.

"yui." he called her with a gentle tone to calm her down.

"don't." she hated it. she hated it so much she can't even control the threatening tears in her eyes.

was that one side effect of fevers? or is it just yui and her delicate soul?

"every time i try to- EVERY SINGLE TIME I THINK IM MAKING PROGRESS IN KNOWING YOU, YOU JUST KEEP GETTING FURTHER AND FURTHER AWAY."

one teardrop.

one tear drop was enough to break him too. the brick wall he built, it was now gone.

"can you please stop? now that you made it clear that you don't want anything to do with me, please, stop pretending to care. i'm fine. it's not your fault that i chose to bother you and it certainly isn't your fault for my stupid unrequited feelings for you." she forced a smile. the smile which emphasised how pathetic she felt.

"please, let me go." yui asked quietly and this time, he did.

he really did.

there was nothing for him to say or do.

for so long, he really thought he was protecting her. shielding her from his own side of the story but little did he know there were arrows on the other side too.

she was hurt either way because it wasn't her that he thought he was protecting,

it was for himself.

if he rejected the other person first, he would not be rejected by them.

what a mindset.

riki nishimura, pushed everyone away because he feared rejection.

[ ♡ ]

i've had it with riki >:(
if you don't apologise to yui right now, reminder, i have two hands. one to hug you, to comfort u, and one to teach u a lesson for hurting her >:((

anyway~

yay i found out im getting award/s this friday for presentation day ~
i wonder what it's going to be...

i have a feeling maybe it would be music but then again . . . for semester 2, i got straight A's... pdhpe? english? geo?

who knows :)

- luv, luna 🌙