十一 : true

" only fools do what i do,
only fools fall "
___________________

CONTINUING . . .

however, just as he was about to hang up, a gentle, calm and comforting voice spoke.

"riki?" she said.

she was taken aback. never has she heard this side of him.

aggravation, agitation, so, so . . . unhappy.

"yui." he replied after a short moment.

he had called her by her first name. within that moment, she was too surprised to even process as the only thing in her mind was,
perhaps he wasn't expecting a call from her.

perhaps this was the wrong timing.

"oh- i'm sorry if i called you at the wrong time. i just," she stopped. why did she call him in the first place?

"hello?" he asked on the other end, wondering if it was just silence or the bad connection.

"i just wanted to talk to you." she admitted. "but if you don't want to talk right now it's okay! um, see you tomorrow! goodnight."

"wait, no i'm sorry for yelling. it wasn't intended towards you." his tone soften as he took a sigh.

"it's fine! don't worry." yui assured him well. though, she was quite curious.

what could be the cause to make riki fall into such a state?

"actually if it's okay, we can still talk." he said with hopeful expectations.

"you probably might not want to talk about why you yelled so i'll skip that." she smiled. not because of his suppressed emotions, but because he was willing to talk to her despite feeling this way. she only hopes to keep him accompanied. "so what should we talk about?"

"anything is fine." his husky voice replied on the other line as if his mind was yet again elsewhere. "i just want to hear your voice."

maybe this was the true story of riki nishimura.

the story he had kept well-hidden away was gradually being unlocked.

but this time, she was there for him.

yui kimura, his friend/seatmate from elementary school, called before him.

[ ♡ ]

it's summer here now so it's a bit hot. nevertheless, i have 14 day left before school ends !! maybe then ill finish my other ff (sorry for the wait!)

love you so <3

- luv, luna 🌙