十三 : strawberry

" only fools do what i do,
only fools fall "
________________

"woah." her jaws dropped as she witnessed the sweet chaos in her locker. there were a good 5 packets of new peperos being stacked on top of each other.

2 chocolate, 1 matcha, 1 cookie & creme

"they have all the main flavours besides strawberry?" she thought as she collected them out whilst carrying them to class.

pepero day.

a day like valentines.

after walking up the mountainous stairs, she made it to her level. with peperos stacked on her left hand and occupied with her phone on her right, unsurprisingly she wasn't looking at where she's going again.

typical yui.

"i told you to mind your steps." the voice she found comforting scolded.

it was because this time she really did bump into a whole person. being too busy on her tiktok at 7 am in the morning restricted her senses with the world.

"riki?" she looked up instantly to reveal the boy she had bumped into leaning against the wall her his arms crossed.

he wasn't looking at her, just his phone but it was obvious his senses were working.

"you're back!" she stretched her arms going in for a hug forgetting the fact they weren't officially friends.

"did you miss me that much?" he asked sarcastically, stopping her motive with his spare hand gently pushing her head away.

"oh right. i don't." she shrugged.

a few nosy students were beginning to watch from both inside the classroom and out in the corridors whilst walking by.

"anyway welcome back." she nodded as she decided to enter the classroom.

"wait." he pulled her back to her original position before using his spare hand to grab something out of his pocket.

yui watched curiously with her full hands when he stacked a pink rectangular box on top of her peperos.

"eat mine first before theirs." he dryly remarked.

"ouu are you confessing to me." she playfully wriggles her brows.

"don't get ahead of yourself." he scoffed. however, his lips slightly curved just as he turned around.

"mine's sweeter." he commented before stepping into the classroom.

'what a kid.' she thought. but no matter what, she preferred this side of him the best; his rare side.

as she got into the same classroom he left her for, she shook her head at him with a smile.

he avoided her gaze.

settling into her spot, she finally noticed the sticky note on the pink pepero.

"thank you."

what was the context? she really didn't know. nevertheless, she was happy.  a bit joyous. a bit, over the moon to the point, butterflies were growing in her.

what was that?

she opened the pink box of pepero riki gave with a satisfying smile.

strawberry flavoured pepero.

curious yui wondered.

how did he know?

[ ♡ ]

hello, my moons how are you?

today i had my job interview and trial,, it was pretty fun!

i think i got the job but let's see :)

anyway, what am i going to do with this story. its quite messy i must say. hope you enjoy the messiness in this book like the way it represents how messy our society is ~ /hj

take care, ily all ♡

- luv, luna 🌙