Chapter 13

My eyes open in shock. He...knows...?

Liam grabs me by the arm and spins me around. He pushes me against the door vioently.

"H..how did you..."

He starts chuckling again.

"Did you honestly think, I'd fall for your act? I noticed pretty much from the beginning."

I look to the ground. I... tried so hard... and now it's all over...

Tears start streaming down my face, I can't stop them.

"Whoa. Why are you crying?"

"I-! Wh... I wh... ju.. a... and y...you... hate..."

I try to speak normal, but what comes out between sobs just sounds broken.

Liam embraces me and pets my head, just like he did in the bathroom before.

"Hey hey. Calm down, kitten."

He whispers into my ear with a calming voice as he pets me. I feel my sobs fading slowly into only whimpers.

"That's a good girl."

He kisses my earlobe gently and pulls away from me, making me whimper at the loss of his warmth.

I hear him chuckle slighty at my reacting as he tilts my chin up.

"So. Why were you crying? You think I'm angry at you?"

I avert his gaze and look to the ground, nodding.

I hear him sigh. He's fed up with me...

"Look, Emily."

He lowers himself a little so he can look at me.

"I don't like that you lied."

He tilts my chin up again, my eyes meeting his, tears blurring my view.

His thump brushed away a tear rolling down my face and he takes of my wig.

"I don't quite understand why you did this..."

He opens my hair, letting it fall down on my shoulders. Then he looks back at me.

"But I'm happy you became a part of our group."

My eyes widen and I look at him in shock.

"Y...you're not...mad at me...?"

Liam just smiles.

"Of course not. I actually hoped you would come to the auditions."

I stare at him in disbelief.

"Wh...what? Why...? You don't even know me..."

He smirks seductivly, pushing me against the door.

"Oh I do know you, dear Emily. I watch you often in your room."

I try to get away as he comes closer but he grabs my wrists and pins them over my head with one hand. With the other he tilts up my chin, our lips being away only millimeters.

"Wh...what are you doing?"

I try to get away again but no chance. He just chuckles at my failed attempt.

"Be a good girl and listen."

He whispers into my ear and then bites into it.

I bite my bottom lip but can't hide a little moan escape.

"Hey... I like that sound..."

He grins at me, making my heart fly to the moon and back.

"Look Emily."

He silently orders me to have eye contact. As I obey, he smiles seductivly.

"I had my eyes on you since quite a while. When I thought that the band needs a new part..."

He releases my wrists from his grab and takes one of my hands into his.

"I immediatly thought only of you."

He kisses my hand.

"Wh...what?"

He motions me to sit on the couch and sits down next to me.

"I often heard and saw you singing and dancing."

I blush furiously, feeling embarrest.

"I payed it no attention at first. But your voice... it got something special..."

He smiles at me and then frowns.

"I tried to figure out how we could improve. I stayed up late, trying new arrangements, new styles but nothing worked."

He stops, probably seeing, if I'm following and as I nod hestitantly, he continues.

"Often when I worked on that, I watched you, being mesmerized by you. You inspired me but I couldn't find out what to do with it... it was... frustrating."

He hits his fist into his lap, then looks up to me again.

"Luke said, maybe we need a new voice in our band. Maybe that is missing. I was immediatly thinking that you with your angelic voice would fit perfectly."

He looks away.

"During our performance I looked at you and after the announcement, I hoped that you would come, I watched you to see your reaction. But you argued with your friend, not seeming interessted..."

He looks at me again, taking my hand into his.

"I gave up hope but then you came. I knew it was you immediatly. The moment you entered, you already passed."

I stop him.

"W...wait. but then why... why were you so mean to me then...?"

He tilts his head, thinking. Then he chuckles.

"Ah. That. Well..."

He tilts my chin up, his lips close to mine.

"Let's just say, I wanted to check your determination. I wanted to see if you would back away or if you want it just as much as I wanted it."

His eyes flicker to my lips for a second, licking his own lip, he looks back up, making my heart race so brutaly, it hurt.

Then he gets up and searches for something at his desk.

"Here."

He hands me a familiar music sheet but it's slightly different.

"That's the complete part I made for you."

He looks into my eyes, smiling.

"I want you to sing together with me."