Chapter 10

My last lesson is the chemistry course, we share with the parallel classes and for some freaky reason Liam is my partner for the experiment.

"Alright. Now you know how it goes so please repeat the experiment with your partners. I ask you to talk quietly to each other so everyone can focus."

The instructions from the teacher are clear. While she was talking, I was focusing on taking notes, trying to ignore the stares from my hot neighbour but now I have to work with him.

"A...all right. Let's start then."

I decide to just conquer the situation with confidence. Well as much confidence I could gather atleast.

As I get up to get everything we need, Liam prepares the paper neatly, which we have to turn in after the lesson.

He's so focused, I can't help but stare at him as I arrive at our table with all the supplies.

I see his mouth go up in a mischievous way and shake my head forcefully to gain control of myself again.

He chuckles while I set everything on the table and sit down next to him.

After he's done with writing the steps down from the blackboard, he looks over to me.

"Alright."

He bends over to my ear, making my heart beat faster.

"Let's start then, shall we?"

He brushes his hand through my hair with the clip from him.

Preventing my cheeks from blushing up is just as impossible for a pot of water to not boil over heat.

Liam smirks and then turns to the experiment.

I really don't like chemistry and I really don't understand what the hell we're supposed to do but I try my best to survive the lesson.

The experiment is quite simple. Mixing some fluids and write down what happens. Idiot proof, right? Yeah sure. Exept when your head is elsewhere.

I mix the fluids and Liam writes down what happens. Everything goes smoothly until I accidently mix exacly the 2 fluids together that we got warned not to.

Bubbles start bobbling up like crazy in the glass tube and before I could react, it overflows and onto my hand.

"Ow!"

I cry out from the burning pain on my skin.

Liam eyes shoot up from the paper and he holds my hand.

"Fuck! Teach!"

The class is silent and everyone looks into our direction. The teacher comes running and looks at my hand.

"Liam. What did you mix together?"

Liam points at the 2 liquids while holding my hand still. Tears started rolling down my cheeks from the pain.

"Take her to the bathrooms. She needs to quickly get the chemicals of her skin. Take this with you and wash the skin thorougly."

She gives Liam some desinfection kind of liquid and he nods while pulling me up from my seat and out of the classroom.

He never releases my hand all the way to the girls bathroom, where he opens the door and pulls me inside.

He puts the bottle on the sink and turns on the water and waits till it's cold. Then he holds my hand under the running stream.

"Oww! No! Stop! Please! It hurts!"

I try to pull away, crying furiously but his grip on my hand doesn't get lose.

"Emily! Calm down!"

He pulls me into his chest while still holding our hands under the cold stinging water. His free hand pets my head.

"Calm down, kitten. It's gonna be over soon. I promise."

He whispers into my ear with a calming, soothing voice.

My loud cries and sobs become only silent whimpers.

"There. Good girl."

He stops petting my head after making sure I calmed down and pulls away from me.

His fingers tilt up my chin, our eyes meeting. His look serious.

"Now it's gonna hurt again but be brave, okay?"

I nod my head and he smiles pleasantly. Then he kisses my forehead.

"Good girl."

I take a deep breath as Liam turns away from me and opens the bottle. He takes my now icey cold hand away from the water and pours the liquid over it.

I bite my bottom lip to not scream from the now burning pain of the liquid.

Liams eyes dart over to me for a second before returning to my hand. He puts the bottle aside and gently rubs the liquid, which started to foam lighlty into my skin.

I feel the pain slowly becoming less and relax my stiffend body.

After some minutes of massaging the foam into my hand, he holds it under water again and now thoroughly washes it away.

He turns of the water and looks at my hand, sighing.

"I did the best I could. It will probably hurt a while longer but your skin will recover."

I look at my hand. It's red in the places where the chemical touched and still stings a little.

Liam opens the the little medicical cabinet at the wall and takes out a bandage and some burn soothing gel.

He applies the gel to my hand and wraps the bandage around skillfully.

"Thanks."

I look to the ground as he lets go of my hand.

He puts the gel away and then turns to me. His fingers pull up my chin again.

"Anything for you."

He smiles at me, then places another kiss on my forehead before taking my hand in his.

"Let's go back to class."

He grabs the sope bottle and we head back.