Chapter 12

Finding the bathroom was easy thanks to Liams discription. I go in and lock the door.

Shakily I walk towards the mirror. Damn I look real bad. Red cheeks and some of my strains are hanging out.

My hairpins and make up is in Liams room. What now?

I sigh and take out my phone. I always carry 2 slim hair pins in my phone case. As to my make up...

I search through the shelfs. I'm sorry to do this, Mrs. Woods... so sorry...

I find a hair brush and a make up bag.

Having everything prepared on the sink, I take down my wig and open my hair. I make sure to remove all the hair pins and brush it gently. Then I tie it back up and fix it with my additional hair pins.

"Alright... now to take care of this."

I slap my cheeks and take a deep breath. Turning on some cold water, I wash it first and then apply the concealer from the make up bag to my now finally cooled off cheeks and spread it with a sponge.

"This will do."

I made sure to add an extra layer so my cheeks won't turn against me again. I'm about to put on my wig as I hear a knocking on the door.

"...!"

I freeze as I hear Liams voice.

"Hey, man, you ok?"

I want to answer but my voice gets stuck in my throat. Okay, Emily. Deep breaths. He can't come in. You're safe. Calm. Down. Phew.

"Yeah. Sorry. Must be the snacks."

I fake laugh and hear him laugh too.

"Okay. Just wanted to check up on you. Good, you're ok."

He says this and I hear him walk back up the stairs.

Phew.

I turn towards the mirror again and put on my wig. One last deep breath, one last check in the mirror and I turn towards the door, unlocking it.

From now on, you're going to keep your cool, Aymeric.

I tell myself as I open the door and head upstairs.

The rest of the day goes without further incidents. Exept me being teased at being crap at Mario Kart from the self announced king of the course.

"Hah! Perfect 60! Again!"

Luke jumps up in a victory pose, making me chuckle.

Kyles eyes travel from him to the clock over the door.

"It's already getting late. Didn't you two wanted to study reading notes still?"

He looks between me and Liam and my eyes dart to the clock. It's 7pm.

Liam is to answer first, turned to me.

"I'm still up for it. Aymeric?"

"Yeah."

He stands up and stretches his hand towards me. I take it to get up as well but he pulls me so hard, I crush into his chest.

"Ow..."

I pull away from him.

"Sorry."

I dare my cheeks to turn pink again as I hear Liam chuckle for what feels like the thousands time today.

"Alright then. We're heading home then."

Kyle helps Luke up from the ground and they head for the door.

"Bye. Until next time! Was cool hanging out with you, Aymeric."

"You're a real bro. Part of us."

They both give me a bro hug and I feel extremly happy, feeling tears form in my eyes.

"Thanks guys!"

They flash me a smile and leave.

I walk over to my bag to get the note sheets out.

"Have you pratice reading the notes a little?"

Liam sits down on the couch and I nod my head.

"Yeah a little... it's really hard for me though... sorry, I know I promised it but-!"

Liam gets up and stops infront of me,  puting a finger over my lips.

"Shh. It's fine. Let's start."

He takes my hand and sits me down on the couch next to him.

"So. Remember what this note is?"

He points at the beginning of the line. Damn... how did it start again...? I know from the second line... how is the beginning...?!

I hear him chuckle and then he starts humming the melody.

"Ah... right... I'm sorry... I still remembered from the second line on but not the first."

He chuckles again.

"Aym, you don't have to learn it in and out. Just keep my voice in mind when you practice. You will know how to read notes in no time. You're already better than you think. Don't selm yourself too short."

I nod.

"I know... I'm trying really hard to learn what note is what it's just... hard... I never read notes when I made music... I just... did."

Liam puts his hand on my shoulder, making me look into his sincere eyes. He smiles.

"I get you. Don't worry. I'm not mad or anything. No one is. I just want to help you. And the others want too."

I smile back at his sweet words.

"Th...thanks..."

Liam teaches me how to read notes on different sheets, from their songs for a while, said it's gonna be easier to remember if I know the music pieces and it actually does help me a lot.

After a bit I look at the clock. It's already 9 pm. I should go home...

"I guess I should head home."

I get up from the couch and turn to Liam.

"Thanks for teaching me, Liam."

I head for the door but Liam stops me.

"Wait. Can't you stay a bit longer? I wanna show you something."

I shake my head and are about to open the door when he stops me, holding the door closed with his arm.

"C'mon. Stay."

His voice irritates me and he's so close, I feel my heart beating faster. That's not good! It was going so nice! Why?!

I try to keep a calm voice.

"Liam. Seriously. I can't."

He puts his other hand on the door too, trapping me in them.

"Turn to me."

I blush at his voice so close to me and am frozen in place.

"I said something."

His voice is demanding but I can't. I can't let him see my face. I can't let him know how much my heart is racing around him.

He seems to grow impatient. I hear a angry growl.

"Don't make me repeat myself. Emily."