Chapter 7

It's the next day and I take a shower before heading down for breakfast with my mom.

Ugh I'm nervous.... will Zoe's plan really work?

She said it's idiot proof but will I not screw up...?

I shake my head. No Emily! You came so far!

I get dressed and put on my make up and head down.

"Morning, mom!"

"Morning, Emily."

We sit down to eat and then I head to school, Aymerics clothes hidden amongst my school books.

The classes passes fast, although I can only think about our plan and if it will work out. Being part of Shadowbeats will be way harder than I imagined.

I have to be extremly cautios not to make any mistake....

"Emily? Don't you want to go home?"

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a familiar voice next to me. I turn towards it.

"L-Liam! What? Oh crap!"

I jump up from my chair and throw my stuff into my bag.

I didn't noticed the time passing. Everyone already left exept him and me. It's already 14.45! I was supposed to meet with Zoe in the girls bathroom at the ground floor 10 mins ago!

"I'm sorry, Liam! I gotta go! Thanks for telling me! Bye!"

I grab my bag and run out of the classroom while I hear him chuckle.

"Alright. Catch you later."

What did he just say? Ugh! Whatever! I don't have time to wonder about that! I have to hurry!

I arrive at the bathroom and Zoe greets me with a displeased face.

"Emily! It's already 14.50! Why are you so late?!"

While scolding me, she shoves me into a toilet cabin and opens my bag to prepare everything.

"I....I'm s...sorry."

I try to speak between heavy breathing from sprinting down here from the 4th floor and other end of the corridor.

Zoe hands me a water bottle and I take it, nodding appreciatly.

"Ahh! Alright! Way better!"

I drink half of the bottle and feel refreshed.

Zoe is already full on switching my Make up and putting the wig on. I change my pants and put on my lose shirt.

"Wait. Zoe."

She looks up at me.

I know my breasts are not so big but I'm gonna be closer to them now, not far away. They will notice...

I look down at my chest but she just grins at me.

"Who do you think I am? Of course I thought it through."

She takes out some tape and motions me to pull my shirt up. I do as she says and she circles the tape around me chest. Then she nods at me and I pull the shirt down again.

"Wow. You're seriously amazing."

I praise her, amazed by her skills and ideas. She throws my jeans jacket over my shoulders.

"Yeah I know, I'm awesome. You can thank me later."

I put on the jacket and Zoe grabs my school bag and heads out of the toilet cabin.

I wait for her sign and leave as well.

"Fuck! Go back!"

She whisper yells to me and I hide in the toilet cabin again.

A girl comes in and uses the cabin next to me. Damn. It's already 10 past.

It feels like ages until I finally hear the toilet flushing and she washes her hands and leaves.

"Alright. Come now, fast!"

I leave the cabin and check one last time in the mirror. Yeah everything's looking fine. You got this girl!

I head out of the bathroom and follow Zoe to the big entrance hall.

"Crap!"

Zoe whisper yells yet again and pulls me around a corner.

"What?!"

I whisper yell back, pain in my voice from the sudden move.

Zoe nods over to the entrance. Liam stands just at the door. Inside. That's against our plan. How am I supposed to get passed him?

"Don't worry. I have a plan. Run when I nod."

I nod at her and hide behind a giant plant near Liam.

I watch as Zoe walks up the stairs and starts screaming.

"Ow! My foot!"

She collapses on the stairs, holding her foot while sitting on the ground.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

Liam runs over to her and kneels down next to her.

"Yeah..."

She nods at Liam as he offers her his hand to get up. My sign to run!

I make a run like my life depends on it and head around the entrance. Alright now time to act like I just arrived. I wait a bit for Liam to come out but he doesn't. I decide to text him.

Hey Liam. I'm at the entrance of your school... where are you?

It doesn't take long for him to answer.

Gimme a sec, man. I'm there in a minute.

Liam comes out of the school building and greets me me with a fist bump.

"Hey man, sorry. A girl from my school got hurt and I took her to the school nurse."

"Oh. I hope she's okay."

He nods.

"Yeah. She just tripped on the stairs and twisted her ankle a little. She will be fine."

I nod.

"Also sorry I'm so late. I had to run an arrand for my teacher and missed the train. I wanted to write you but forgot in the hurry... hope you're not mad..."

I scratch my lowered head. Liam pats my shoulder.

"Nah. It's fine. I knew you needed a while to get here."

He winks at me and I smile at him, slightly confused.

"Alright let's go."

He spins around and leads me to the park where the others are already waiting at a little lake.