Chapter 5

Once I'm inside, I see Kyle and Luke sitting on a large table.

Liam closes the door behind me and takes a seat between them.

"Alright. Tell us a bit about you."

Liam smiles at me and I feel heat coming up to my cheeks.

Gosh Emily! Pull yourself together! You're cool just like them!

I fight the urge to just turn around and run and take a deep breath, one of my hands I slide into my jeans pocket a little to stop myself from fidgeting with them.

"Hey. I'm Aymeric. You guys are what I wish to be. I wish to be part of you and touch peoples hearts with music."

The boys look at each other and nod. Then they look back towards me, smiling.

Kyle then speaks up.

"Alright. So Aymeric. How did you heared of us? You're not going to our school. You're friends with someone?"

I panic inside. What should I say to that?

I remember my conversation with Ann and calm down again.

"I heared your music in a little shop in the neighbourhood and looked into it. Since then I'm a fan."

I give them a genuine smile just like I gave Ann.

Liam eyes me weirdly... He looks... suspicious?

"Wow! That's so cool, man!"

I break eye contact with Liam when Luke shouts. When I look back at Liam, he looks towards his paper. Guess it was just my imagination.

Then he looks up to me again, a challenging look in his eyes.

"Alright, Aymeric. How do you think you can improve our band?"

I start fidgeting with my nails and look to the ground, intimidated by his stare but I quickly caught myself again.

No! Pull yourself together! Zoe went through so much trouble just for you!

I look up, meeting his challenging eyes and give him a smirk.

I nod my head towardd his E-guitar leaning at the wall.

"May I?"

He gestures me his okay and I walk towards it.

Alright. Time to do this real.

I take a deep breath and start playing one of their songs. But instead of just dully following what they already have with Liam, I play a 2nd voice, giving it more depth with a slight different arrangement.

After I'm done, I hesitatly look up to the guys and see them stare at me in disbelieve.

Er... is that now good or....

I put his guitar back at the wall and lower my head.

"I...I'm sorry..."

I turn around and head towards the door.

"Wait!"

Liam shouts after me and I turn around.

"What the fuck man! Don't apologize! That was amazing!"

My eyes widen at this compliment and my cheeks flush. 

"R...really?"

I scratch my head shyly.

"Yeah! Totally!"

"That's exacly what we were looking for!"

Luke and Kyle join Liam in showering me with compliments. I look to the ground, so they can't see my red face.