Part 21: Family Ties

"Liam... please, talk to me."

Christopher held up his hands as if yo broker peace. Pathetic really, Liam knew his brother would be no match for him not really, but he couldn't understand... how did he get to the Astral Plane.

"Yeah Christopher, talk to your brother, tell him. Why you kill." Christopher turned, one he had met only briefly, Sebastian, stunk of witch and power, he seemed to be an extreamly powerful man indeed. He got Chris in here, his soul would give Liam a great boost. "What's the matter Liam, cat got your tongue?" He said sarcastically as he backed up Chris, not allowing Liam to run for it in any direction.

"Get out of my way, brother, you wont like it if you come between me and what I want. Just like mum." He sneered. Seb watched Chris's reaction of sadness, horror, and anger. "You did that, to our mum? How, how could you? She was all we had. And dad? Him too? Why would you do that, they loved you!"

Liam had always spent his life hiding his true self from his clueless brother, he fancied himself like a real genius for not raising suspicions sooner, who could hide their murderous tendancies like he? But now as he saw the destruction he cause, the pain on his brothers face, he felt all powerful and as if he had beaten them all in this game he was playing. In truth, they didn't know they were playing a game, he was the games master, and his pawns all filled their squares perfectly and allowed him to check his queen in expert time.

"Mum didn't even realise that I had the gift until it was too late, and dad... well. What can I say? I got a taste for it. And besides, poor little muggle didn't realise he had married a witch. Bit of a nasty shock for him."
Liam was enjoying this, and it a gered Chris, but he knew with help he could get his brother out of here and to someone who could stop him.
"Don't talk like this bro just... just come with me and it will be over. It will be okay."

Chris held out his hand, unsure of what to do to stop his brother from hurting anyone else. Liam seemed to soften, looking at his brother now and smiled. Quickly he brought out a knife and slashed out at Chris who withdrew his hand quickly. Liam might be fast, but Chris was strong he could kick his arse to the middle of next week.

He weaved around his brother, while Seb began chanting something unintelligible, making Chris worry if a house was going to drop on them. "I can help you Liam, there are people who can help you, please don't do this!" Chris screamed throwing his hands up.

A light shot out of no where, knocking Liam to the ground, it was a hard blow, enough to shake the Astral plane. Seb stood, his mouth gaping. "Holy shit... he's a sodding witch as well..." it made sense, same mother and father, he wasn't a squib after all.

Chris looked taken aback by this sudden outburst too, and Liam looked pissed. He struck again, even more determined to kill his brother, his keeper for all those years, as he bobbed and weaved to avoid his brothers flying fists.

________

Y/N's POV

I turned the corner, hiding in one of the doorways of the house and began chanting with Seb to ensure I can undo Liam's hold on the house. I chanted loud and watched as Liam glared at me filled with hate, I could feel the malice and distaste for my very existence there and then.

Joining with Seb a light began to grow within our hands and expanded within the astral realm of the house.

Haec domus liberatur,

The light began disinfecting the house and erasing the magic of Liam throughout. Suddenly, Liam's hand came down on Chris's face knocking him out, and then again on Seb, knocking me over in the process.