Part 16: 30th of October

The attempt on my life was terrifying to put it mildly. I spent the rest of the night with Thomas, guarding me while I slept. I still hadn't quite forgiven him for his angry words but I was beginning to warm up to him and possibly letting him into bed again.

I woke in the early morning to the feeling of someone stroking my hair, my whole body ached and I hummed at the feeling of someone caressing me, and with that it stopped.
It had to have been a dream for sure.
I stretched and turned to see breakfast laid out in front of me, eggs, bacon, sausage and coffee all for me to enjoy.

I poured my coffee and took a sip of the molten hot drink, trying to blow on it to vool.
I looked to see Thomas had appeared now at the end of the bed looking aloof as per usual.
"Oh... you're here." I said flatly and stuck my fork into the sausage and cut it into chunks not leaving his gaze.
"Yes, Chef Moorhouse has started work in the kitchen, her team is here and they are busying themselves about their tasks."

"Oh my god, what time is it?" I said shocked and began to rise, he stopped me and encouraged me to eat more. "We have told the staff you are sick, and you are to remain Isolated for a couple of days, or at least we can get your health back."

I dug into the eggs letting the yoke cover the sausages and I dipped into the yellow yoke and chomped on it.
"I wish you guys would STOP making decisions for me, I am fine. Yes I was almost murdered last night but as assasinations go I don't think his brain was up to it!" I laughed, and Thomas stared unimpressed. I ate the rest of my breakfast in scilence and continued to get up and dressed.

"One thing I need to do is find out who sent it. And how someone could make that kind of magic!"
Sebastian had advised it was the oldest type of Magic, one that was unspeakable. On parr with killing curses, torture and mind control. Think Harry Potter shit.

We sat in Thomas's study with everything Seb had gathered. The life that had been given to this man made of sticks, was given through blood and matter. I looked at the bone in front of me, a rib as a sacrafice for bringing forth life. This guy obviously saw himself as some sort of god, plucking his own rib to make a follower, like creating someone from his own image.

"The only thing now is to figure out whose rib it is." I said as I picked it up with tweezers. "Isn't it obvious? It has to be Gorman." Seb wasn't wrong, it seemed that way, but I couldn't be sure, I was wrong before.
"There is no way I am putting another mortal in danger like that. I almost killed Chris, I can't imagine doing that again!"

"Of course not, but you cannot deny it is too much of a coincidence. Look at him. His family have looked after the house for years, he has a close connection, and he handed you the damn curse in the first place." Thomas flicked his hair over his ear, with a look of enragement that made me feel again how stupid he thought I was.

My resolve only hardened, "Well, we woll find out at the Hallows Eve party, won't we?" I said self assured.

"Are you mad? You are willing to go ahead with this ridiculous ball all in aid of what? A good show?" Thomas blasted. I picked up the rib bone and popped it into my pocket.
"No, to open up the best gothic alternative hotel and wedding venue there has ever been. I am not losing to some guy who thinks I am weak."

They guys looked at each other unconvinced. I could tell they were yet again doubting me. "Guys, the coven will be here on All Hallows Night, this guys will have to get passed them too! A whole coven or witches and warlocks! It would be suicide!"

With nothing more to be said I went and placed the bone in a box and hid it in a desk drawer until later.

Everything was ready for tomorrow night. Press were arriving at 4pm, the reviewers rooms were all decked out with flowers and sprigs of lavender on the pillow to ensure a restful sleep.
What wasn't so restful however was Thomas. He had hidden himself from sight but I could feel him hovering around the place working up anxiety.