Part 7

🌶Spice Warning🌶

Spicer than a chicken Vindaloo

My ever growing list was expanding to the extremes, but tonight I was excited for my time with Thomas again. As I typed away sending out my confirmation emails to guests and checking the Booking website requests, I heard a knock at the door. It was Chris, I cringed inside almost forgetting out semi date on Saturday. "Hey, Chris. What you doing there... lurking?" I laughed at the last part as he sat down in the chair opposite me. "Excited for our date?"

I froze a little, he thought it was a date? What the fuck, no. I looked at him, in his tight jeans and his long sleeved tshirt. He was wearing a lot of them recently, tight long sleeves that showed his muscles off. He must have been roasting in that top, but he struck me as one who prefered fashion over comfort.

"I'm looking forward to meeting potential connections that's gonna be awesome!"
He shrugged a little dissapointed, and began playing with the pencils in my holder much to my annoyance. "I thought we could catch some dinner first and then if you like go to a movie?"

Ah no, not this. Anything but this. "Actually, I was kinda hoping to have a meeting with the pub land lord and a chat about the house, you know local legends and that kinda thing? Like you said?" I emphasised the last part, wanting to make sure he knew I wasn't playing around. He eyed me up and down making me regret my outfit of a suede miniskirt and green top that was low cut.

He sighed and agreed, and began chatting to me about the finishing touches to the hotel.
I couldn't put my finger on it, as nice as he was I just didn't trust him. And besides, I had bigger fish to fry. Lucille and her ever forboding ways. She was obviously responsible for the psychic attacks and she seemed to somehow get past my wards.

After Chris and Liam left for the day, I decided it was time I ventured into the soul of this house, and travel astrally to find out what is happening to me and how Lucille was getting past my wards and getting her energy. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Malefic Purred as I began readying myself. "There's no other way Malefic. Besides, I need to see what is giving Lucille her energy, and the attacked. I need to know what I am dealing with. Just... keep watch for me. And if anything happens-"
"I will call prince undead charming."

Yes, I knew this could be dangerous, I could open myself up to another attack, posession, or worse- Psychopomps could mistake me for a lost soul and cart me off the to spirit world for good. They were beautiful and could lure you in if not careful, diguised as birds or some see them as angels, their true forms were hideous to behold, skeletal vulture looking creatures ready to tear your soul away. I feared them more than anything innthe Astral world, so my visit had to be brief.
In my room created a circle of purple candles and lay inside the circle so as to immerse myself. I began to chant:

Separatum corpus et anima
Volare me ad sidera regna
Deam dux me

Suddenly I was delved into what seemed like an unconscious world of water, my hearing was muddled. Opening my eyes I was in the darkness of Allerdale Hall, I saw the confusion and darkness that lay in its foundations, and the blood and clay seeping through the wall. My dream! I thought to myself. My dream where I was attacked, I saw the seeping blood and clay and watched it drip from the walls and squelch beneath my feet.
As I walked out of my room, I heard a baby cry. A child? In the house? This was highly unusual, babies were never kept behind, they always were taken to the other side, or Limbo in certain circumstances.