Coffee in Seattle

Start from the beginning

" I am, I've been skating ever since I've been a child," taking a small sip from my tea.

" Interesting, do you do duo or single?" he questioned me.

"I did both, believe it or not Embry would skate with me," I laugh a bit.

"So a little doggy liked ice skating that's surprising," seeming amused by this new information.

I laughed hard at this comment. Demetri looked at me for a second before joining in. I felt a bit bad it was kinda mean but it seemed funny to me. I rubbed my temples and calmed down a bit.

"Here look," I tell him moving my laptop to face him.

It was an old video of of me skating. I was 16 in this video. It showed me doing single dance by myself this time. I watched Demetri waiting for a reaction from him. I wanted to know of he liked it or thought it wasn't good.

" That was beautiful," he tells me with a look of honesty.

I felt my face get warm " Really? Your not just saying that," giving him a look .

" Not at all. You have a talent. You looked very graceful and at peace,"  Demetri stares in my eyes.

"Wait when did you get brown eyes?" I suddenly realized his eyes were different switching topic.

"You've been looking me all this time and you just realized?" Demetri tells me raising a brow.

"I've been distracted by life," I tell him defensively.

Never was great with details on certain things. I didn't really care to notice my surroundings at certain times.  Today is one of those day I guess.

" They are contacts," he tells me laughing a bit.

" Oo fun," I reply getting ready to pack up.

Demetri and I fell back in silence. While I sip on my tea I would occasionally ask him for advice on my routine. I surprised to hear that figuring skating was quite hard for vampires. He explained to me it took more control than average to not break anything and look human.

I started to put away my stuff that I had slightly scattered across the table. I look over and see that it was already afternoon. Time really does fly sometimes. I hardly thought I got anything done.

"Here have this," Demetri handed me the bag his food came in with.

I grabbed it and smile at him. "Thank you, but I think you missed this ," I pointed to the number written on the bag.

" Oh I didn't miss it, I just don't care for it," He tells me getting gracefully up his chair.

" Okay," I wasn't quite sure what to say on that matter. Demetri offered me his hand and politely took it.

I don't know if I will get use to how cold their skin is. I will say it does feel slightly soothing to me. I slighty wonder how Bella puts up with it. Bella and I have always been different about weather preferences. I liked the weather being rainy, cold, and wet. Bella liked her weather being sunny, hot, and dry.

Walking out of the cafe I hesitated a bit. I don't know when the kings are showing up but I do know I'll have to go back to Forks soon. I can feel my heart slightly pick up. What if they made a mistake about me and decided to kill us because of it. What if it is the opposite and that means I am genuinely mated to three vampires? How does even work out? I don't want to feel pressured into being with them.

"Madi I am driving back," Demetri quickly grabbing the keys out of my hands.

" What's wrong with my driving," I walking up to the car.

"You suck at it." he simply stated opening the passenger door for me.

" I do not,"  frowning at that false accusations and begrudgingly getting in.

The drive was went by smoothly. Demetri didn't really talk and stayed silent during the ride. For that reason I was silently stuck into reviewing all of my thoughts and feelings. I wasn't sure how everything will play out.  At least I won't have to meet them by myself I hope.

" Were 20 minutes away," Demetri announces.

"Oh great," I made sure to reply to him with faux enthusiasm.

" I am not gonna be alone right?" narrowing my eyes.

Demetri kept his eyes on the road not even sparing me a side glance. " I can't say."

I huffed and started flicking my fingertips. "Thats really vague."

Demetri let's out a smirk. "10 more minutes."

"No need for counting down," I exclaimed putting my hands over my face.

"I thought you were so excited to see your soulmates," lacing his voice in a teasing tone.

I narrowed my eyes at him " Yes I am sooo glad."

" Then I see no issues, my queen," he continues teasing me—what a bastard.

I huffed and turned my body towards the window. I decided I would ignore Demetri and instead enjoy the passing view. The best thing about Forks is how beautiful the scenery is. I can imagine losing myself in the beauty and being perfectly content. There was countless of times I would end up getting yelled at by Charlie because I was in the forest when I wasn't supposed to. He always said my only reason why I would go cause my imaginary friend told me too.

I started feeling more stress I could tell we were about 5 minutes away from the Cullen's house. I could feel the anxiety crawling up from my stomach. I need to calm myself and think out a plan. I think I'll just say the bare minimum and quickly get out. All they want is to just want to meet me that's all it is. Just a simple hi and then I will go.

"Madeline we are here," Demetri snapped me out of thought.

" Can we leave after this?" I asked him meekily.

" If that is what you wish," He quickly appears by the side of my car door and opened it.

I sighed and stepped out. Demetri offered me his arm and I decided to take it. I looked at him and we started walking. I really wanted to get this over with. I quickly started feeling insecure about every little thing.  Am I walking to loud? What about my breathing? Oh God what if my scent smells disgusting.

I abruptly stop and look at Demetri. Taking my arm, I turned to face him. " Do I breath loud," I asked him quickly. " Do I smell gross too and what about my walking?" I whisper to him .

Demetri stared at me for a moment and softly smiled at me, " Your fine my queen." he tells me.

"But that's not what I asked," I mumbled out facing at the door.

Demetri stares at me for a moment and slighty smiles at me. " Madi you smell divine and I suppose your breathing is actually inconsistent," he tells me honestly.

"But is it loud?" I inquired.

"No it's not," with amusement dancing his eyes.

I slightly smile at him " thanks, I guess I'm glad that I at least don't smell."

I looked towards the door and sighed. " Alright lets get this show going."