Chapter 2 - Tsu'tey

My eyes trailed across the body of the creature that lay in front of me, it was so similar to my own image. It must have been a native from the lands above.

"I suppose it is a he then." I muttered, kneeling down to feel for a pulse. As I put my finger on his neck my body tensed. He was cold to the touch, like he was not used to the water but had been in it for days. There were gashes and holes all throughout his body, which in itself could not be called anything less than art. His hair was shaved on both sides, only leaving his queue to show, but it was decorated with many beads and accessories. He was taller and skinnier than the people of Ko'hatu, and he was a color I did not understand.

With all of my power, I dragged him onto the bank. By the end of it, I was not only winded, but also seriously questioning my strength. I was used to the water, used to floating and relying on the current to sweep things for me, everything seemed to be heavier on dry land.

I touched one of the gashes on his side with great curiosity, the foreign liquid stuck to my hand.

"Blood..." I realized finally, I had only bled once in my life, and that was after getting a hook stuck in my finger. People do not get hurt so easily in Ko'hatu. There was no way I could know what to do about wounds these bad, but dragging him back to Ko'hatu... it would be impossible. Even if I could, would they be his salvation, or his doom?

"Ahh this is too much stress!" I cried out.

The never ending hum in my ear got just a little bit louder after I said that, immediately a gust of wind blew onto my face. She was trying to tell me something, I looked towards the direction the wind took and noticed a small curly plant growing near the bank. Something inside of me was pulling my gut towards the plant, I looked back at the dying native with concern, this plant would heal him, I didn't know how I knew it, I just knew.

I stood up and broke off a piece, then began to work by grinding it up with a rock and placing it onto his wounds, but these movements were not my own. It was as if I was being possessed by another, after all, I know nothing about medicines. My people lost that craft long ago, I could not blame them though. Why would they bother to keep the knowledge of something that was useless to them?

After binding his wounds, his breath became more apparent. I sighed in relief as my body became my own again.

"Who are you?" I asked to the voice once more. It did not reply back to me immediately, but I could tell that it was debating my question.

"...I am the mother of this planet." The wind whispered.

"You can speak?" Astonished, I looked around, but I knew no one else was there. The voice stopped replying after that, I scratched my head and returned my attention to the male, he looked a little thirsty... in fact he looked totally dehydrated. Seeing his face up close he was very handsome, even with the cuts.

I took some water in my mouth and carefully lifted his head until his lips parted. Just as I was about to give him the water, his eyes popped open. I shouted in panic which caused him to scream and punch me in the face, I like to think it was involuntary, but well.. he probably just wanted to.

I totally did not spit the water onto his face out of spite after he punched me. I definitely did it out of pain.

"Ow!! Vonvä!" My nose began throbbing uncontrollably.