2 ~ Meeting the Inner Circle

~ Azriel's POV ~

—————————

As he flies, he keeps glancing over at the female beside him, a trickle of blood is arcing in the air, and she doesn't even seem to care. As she flies beside him, she tilts her head back and smiles, cool air washing over her, and her long, blonde curls whip around. She banks and flies around, then levels herself on his other side.

"What are you doing?" Azriel asks her.

The female looks at him. "I can't remember anything, not even my life before I met you. I .... I wish I could. But I can't. I'm not able to remember my name. The last time I flew. The last time I had a .... friend. Ally. Someone. Please, I just want to enjoy this until my fate is sealed."

"My Court isn't like Tamlin's," he says. "We give everyone a chance."

"Even me?" she whispers.

Azriel looks at her. "Yes, even you."

~

When they finally arrive in Velaris, it is raining lightly, and the night has turned to daylight. He feels the connection with Rhys come into place better and stronger than ever before. He tells Rhys, I have a friend. Well, sort of. She's... an amnesiac. She doesn't even know her name or what she is. But she has wings like an Illyrian and pointed ears like a Faerie. But .... Cauldron spare me .... she feels wrong. There's something about her that is off.

Come up to the House of Wind. I'll have Feyre put Nyx to sleep, then I will be down. Meet in the living room.

Alright. See you soon.

The two of them land on the patio and head into the house. Amren and Mor rise from their seats, both looking at the two of them. Azriel looks at the female swathed in shadows, writhing and dancing around her pale skin.

"Who's this?" Mor asks.

"Wish I knew," says the female beside Azriel.

"Uh, okay. Why is she here? What is she?" Amren asks.

"This is ... uh ...."

"Az?" Mor whispers.

Suddenly, Rhys appears in the room. He looks at them all. Feyre appears beside him seconds later.

"Feyre darling, could you please get our guest some clothes?" Rhys asks.

Feyre nods. She turns on her heel and jogs to her room, or, where she keeps her clothes. Az doesn't admittedly know where she keeps her stuff. But then, Cassian, Nesta, and Elain walk into the room one after the other.

Nesta freezes. So does Elain. Cassian moves to put himself between them and the female.

"I'm not a foe," says the female. "I may know nothing. But I do know that."

"Then why do you feel so .... wrong?" Nesta asks, cocking her head.

Cassian casts a look at her, but then back to Azriel and the female beside him.

"I don't know!" cries the girl.

Feyre returns. She hands a set of clothes, including undergarments, to the girl, without a hint of fear on her face or in her eyes or scent. The girl looks at them all.

"Um, can I please change while you're.... talking?" she asks.

Rhys nods. "Go ahead." She ducks into a corner and changes into her clothes, a long and silky, black dress. Azriel feels his heart beat quickly. She looks stunning. She looks nothing like Mor, but her blonde hair is golden like hers, and her hair seems to look more like a star than a beam of sunlight.

"Now, let me and Feyre talk to her," says Rhys calmly.

"Alright," says Cassian.

Azriel looks at the female. She looks wary to depart from his side, but then she slowly follows Feyre and Rhys out of the room. Azriel sits down where he is and sighs. He doesn't know what to do, but he knows something about this female is not as terrible as the others seem to think. Because he knows that she is not a threat to them. But whatever she is... it's powerful. And he hopes that she remains on their side.