Carlos Sainz

You stood straight, letting the women behind you tie your corset tighter. Your dress slipped over your head and was being neatly smoothed out. Looking in the mirror, you began to feel the nerves that were building up over the past week. You were going to meet the king. The one and only King of Spain was sat in the dining hall waiting to meet you and your brother Charles, whom he had already met before. They were good friends and met quite often, although it wasn't often as royal duties called.

"Miss, he's ready for you." You nodded at the young lady, fumbling with the hem of your sleeve. "Thank you, you are dismissed now." They all scurried away like little mice being set free. It always baffled you how they seemed so frightened all the time, when they know you wouldn't even hurt a hair on their head. You met Charles outside the dining hall doors, he was already changed and waiting for you patiently. "Took you long enough." He commented, making you roll your eyes subtly. "Stop shaking, it's only Carlos." Charles noticed your hands shaking slightly as you reached for the tiara which was held on a cushion. You cleared your throat, pushing your nerves to one side and placing the sparkly accessory on top of your head. "I'm ready." You checked your hair, it was still slick back in a bun just like it was a couple hours ago.

One of the guards opened the doors, revealing the large table with only one person at the end of it. "Charles! So lovely to see you again." He made his way over, greeting each other as if they weren't royalty. "Carlos, this is my sister y/n." He turned his gaze to you, scanning his eyes over your face.
"your highness." You said, and curtsied. Suddenly he laughed, making you feel confused but embarrassed. "Please, no need for that formality around me. Just call me Carlos. Why don't we sit and eat?" Charles agreed, saving you from awkwardness and embarrassment that you were beginning to feel. He stood between you and your brother, one hand on your lower back and one on his shoulder. His touch felt weird but comforted your nerves.

You found yourself looking at Carlos once you were all seated. He had short stubble, not a full on beard, but it looked nice. His hair was dark and free, only combed through. His skin was tanned, which was inevitable anyway because he lived in Spain. "Princess, why are you not eating?" Carlos' voice snapped you out of your thoughts. He smirked, realising that you were staring. "I was just admiring all the lovely food!" You exclaimed, reaching over to fill your empty plate.

"Sorry, I have to take this." Charles hurried out of the room to answer his phone. Carlos found this the right opportunity to talk to you. "You look wonderful, by the way. Its so lovely to meet you as well." He placed his cutlery down on the table and looked up at you. You did the same, focusing your full attention on him. "Thank you, I'm sorry my brother had to take his call. It was probably his wife." His wife was heavily pregnant and expecting any time soon. "Oh, it's no worries. Just means I can talk to you more."

The top buttons of his shirt were undone, exposing some of his tanned chest. You couldn't help but stare and feel embarrassed when he caught you. He leaned over to whisper in your ear, "Do you like what you see, princess?" You gulped, feeling the goosebumps rising on your skin. "Carlos..." his breath was hot on your neck, making your pulse quicken from just the feeling. The king kissed right below your ear, making your lips part.
"I can tell you are my future Queen. Stay with me, here."