"Confident?" Lin Songtai asked.

"Yes," Meng Yang nodded.

Lin Songtai smiled and continued to drink his tea.

Soon after the wooden plaques were collected, the staff loudly announced, "Materials No. 1 and No. 2 obtained by guest No. 17."

Lin Songtai smiled wider as Xu Wangya immediately turned around to look at Meng Yang, fists clenched. The No. 1 material was exactly what he'd needed.

The next two rounds of materials were all obtained by Meng Yang, and the faces of the other participating guests were all quite sullen. Everyone watching outside was surprised and began talking.

"Who in the world is that young man? That's really amazing."

"Didn't you see him sitting with Master Lin Songtai? Most of those people have just been accepted by Master Lin Songtai, and to be accepted by such a world-class master, you must be extraordinary."

"There are many masters and price-guessing experts among those bidding, yet he put on such a one-man show and beat them all?"

"Isn't it just three rounds? It's too early to say such things."

The fourth and fifth rounds soon began. Xu Wangya had thought about letting Yu Junchen try it out after obtaining the ingredients he needed, as it would still be a learning experience even if the price was not accurate. Now though, he wouldn't let Yu Junchen go up.

"Teacher, can I buy all of the materials?" Meng Yang returned to his seat and asked Lin Songtai.

"Why not?" Lin Songtai smiled.

Meng Yang nodded and continued to write prices on the wooden plaques.

Ending with the sixth round, Meng Yang alone took all the spices from this spring's price-guessing auction. Those who watched were completely shocked, their voices growing louder and louder as they discussed this marvel.

Yu Junchen looked cautiously at Xu Wangya's face before lowering his head, trying to think about when Meng Yang got such a strong sense of smell.

Xu Wangya sighed in his heart for a long time. Even though he was quite unhappy, he had to admit that Meng Yang's sense of smell was really too strong. Not only did he have a strong sense of smell, he'd also mastered all kinds of ingredients to the extent that he could guess the prices so accurately.

The staff placed all the materials into boxes and let Meng Yang have a look before packing them up.

Lin Songtai picked up one of the wooden boxes and smelled the ingredients inside, and was immediately shocked. He wasn't able to judge the exact quality by the scent, yet Meng Yang was able to even guess an exact price. Now he could understand the mood of the other bidders.

Once Meng Yang signed the receipt, Lin Songtai stood and escorted Meng Yang outside, surrounded by spectators.

"Mr. Lin really deserved to be a world-renowned master of incense, he's a masterful teacher!"

"Congratulations to Mr. Lin, you have another genius student."

"Thank you, thank you." Lin Songtai thanked them with a smile on his face as he walked out with his students. He was very proud at receiving compliments from these people.

"Master Lin, your student has such a strong sense of smell. Are you going to train him to be a fragrance appraiser (1) later on?"

"Yes, your student's sense of smell is really amazing and admirable. With your teaching, he could become one of the country's most famous fragrance appraisers in the future."