"That's right. Just to separate Junchen and Luo Sheng, Meng Yang's being really cruel to himself. Luo Sheng's father is so much older than him, and them being together... just thinking of it makes my hair stand on end."

"Even though there are many old husbands with young wives nowadays, Meng Yang is still a man with plenty of assets who hasn't worried about food and clothing since childhood. He must have married someone who could be his father in order to learn how to change his life.

Listening to them, the smile maintained on Yu Junchen's face became more and more reluctant. Fortunately, the service staff came to inform them that the engagement ceremony was about to begin, so he got up and walked out.

As the ceremony began, Yu Junchen saw that Luo Sheng's parents weren't present. To say that his heart wasn't a bit lost was a lie. The guests who came weren't as many as when Luo Xiu and Meng Yang got married, and although this garden hotel was very beautiful, it certainly couldn't compare to the magnificence and significance of the main house of the Luo family. Yu Junchen could only comfort himself in his heart, that once he and Luo Sheng got married, he would get everything that he wanted.

Once the ceremony had ended, Meng Yang and Luo Xiu arrived together at the engagement banquet where all eyes were on them.

People who had never met Luo Xiu, especially Yu Junchen's friends, were extremely surprised when they saw Luo Xiu.

"Is that Luo Sheng's father? How come he doesn't look like Luo Sheng at all?"

"It must be him; Meng Yang is holding his hand, and Luo Sheng and Junchen are also walking towards them."

"Did Luo Sheng really have such a young father? I'd believe it if he were Luo Sheng's brother."

"Yeah, he really doesn't look like a man with a son as old as Luo Sheng!"

"And he's too handsome, more handsome than Luo Sheng!"

"What a great figure too, like a male model. With his temperament and momentum, he's just like a walking male hormone dispenser."

"I always thought that I only liked girls because I didn't have feelings for any man, but if it's a man like this, I really could do it."

"Me too."

Meng Yang looked at Luo Sheng and Yu Junchen, saying with a smile, "Congratulations on your engagement. I hope that you can be together forever."

Meng Yang thought to himself, it's better for you two to be together for the rest of your lives and not harm people separately.

Luo Sheng ignored Meng Yang, looking at Luo Xiu to say, "Father, today my maternal grandfather and uncles are here. Why don't you take the opportunity to sit down and have a peaceful chat, let things that happened in the past go..."

"Luo Sheng," Meng Yang interrupted. "You aren't young anymore and are already engaged, so how can you be so ignorant? Some matters, can they simply be solved with a few simple words? If you say the past is in the past and that you shouldn't care, do you immediately not care anymore?"

When Luo Xiu took over the Luo family's business, the man-made car accident was arranged by Luo Sheng's uncle. This wasn't a secret, and everyone who should know already knew about it. Luo Sheng's uncle had wanted Luo Xiu's life at that time, and the Cheng family had done many excessive things to the Luo family. Luo Sheng wanted to make Luo Xiu forget these past conflicts with a few simple words. He truly had no brain.

"Shut up!" Luo Sheng glared at Meng Yang, growling, "You don't have the right to talk about this!"

"You have no say in my matters with your grandfather and uncles." Luo Xiu looked at Luo Sheng with a blank face, saying, "I don't care at all if you side with your grandfather, but if you think I'll forget our former enmity for your sake, then you think too much."

"Father..." Luo Sheng really hoped that Luo Xiu could see how much his grandfather had cultivated him over the years, and then reconcile with his grandfather and uncles because of that. He thought it was better to not fight, and instead cooperate with each other to achieve win-win results. With him as a link in the middle, the cooperation between the two families could solidify.

Meng Yang saw Luo Sheng's thoughts and mocked him in his heart for showering affection on an uninterested party. He really didn't think about things. When his grandfather and uncle wanted to put the Luo family and Luo Xiu to death, how could those things not be done for his sake? Now he asked Luo Xiu to reconcile with the Cheng family for his sake.

"Let's go," Luo Xiu said to Meng Yang.

"Okay." Meng Yang nodded.

Luo Xiu hadn't wanted to go today, but Meng Yang persuaded him to show his face. Meng Yang knew that Yu Junchen didn't want him to show up with Luo Xiu, but the more he didn't want him to come, the more Meng Yang wanted to appear with Luo Xiu.

After watching Luo Xiu and Meng Yang leave, Luo Sheng was called over by his grandfather to greet guests, while Yu Junchen was immediately surrounded by his friends.

"Is the man that Meng Yang was holding onto just now Luo Sheng's father?"

"...Yes," Yu Junchen nodded.

"He looks like he's about thirty at most; he doesn't look like he'd be Luo Sheng's father at all."

"Luo Sheng's parents... got married early," Yu Junchen said.

"But he looks so much younger than his peers. I've seen many handsome uncles, but it's the first time I've seen such a handsome and attractive one."

"That's right, and he's the chairman of the Luo Group. He's rich, powerful, and charming; Meng Yang really earned a profit by marrying him!"

These people were all too excited after seeing Luo Xiu. One of them finally noticed the change in Yu Junchen's complexion and gave a couple coughs as reminders, saying, "A person's outer appearance isn't what matters. The most important thing is whether a marriage can be happy and long-lasting if they really love each other."

Others then reacted and said, "You're right, Luo Sheng loves Junchen so much, so they'll surely be happy. Meng Yang is unlikely to be happy. After all, a person like Luo Sheng's father will have many people sent to him. I don't know how long Meng Yang can endure such a life."

"Yeah, and Meng Yang won't be able to fight those people when the time comes. It'll definitely be impossible to be happy. Maybe they'll divorce early because he can't stand it."

Meng Yang's father and Yu Junchen's mother, as well as Meng Yang's aunts and uncles, were also there. Seeing Luo Xiu, they were even more surprised than Yu Junchen's friends. Because of this astonishment, they didn't return to their senses until after Meng Yang and Luo Xiu left. They all looked at each other silently, not knowing what to say.