Yu Junchen fell silent for a while, not wanting to continue the topic. Looking at Meng Yang, he said, "I want to ask if you could please not show up on the day I get engaged to Luo Sheng? Because you sold the house before and didn't invite your aunt and the others to the wedding, they're still very angry now. Wouldn't it be a joke if you fought with them again? So why not just avoid meeting them?"

"That's no good," Meng Yang immediately said. "You came to my and Mr. Luo's wedding with Luo Sheng. You're getting engaged to Luo Sheng, so how can I not attend? Besides, Mr. Luo doesn't want to attend the engagement ceremony for you and Luo Sheng anyway. If I didn't persuade him to go, then he wouldn't go."

"How can Mr. Luo not go?!" Yu Junchen was anxious. "He's Luo Sheng's father. If he doesn't show up, Luo Sheng won't be happy."

"Luo Sheng brought you to our wedding, but now you're getting engaged to Luo Sheng and you don't want me to appear. It's nice to say that you don't want me to argue with my father and aunt, but what's the real reason? You know it in your heart, don't you?" Meng Yang smiled before turning to the elevator to go back to his room and rest.

"Meng Yang..." Yu Junchen was very worried. He didn't want Meng Yang and Luo Xiu to attend his engagement banquet together, but if Luo Xiu didn't come, people would think that Luo Xiu didn't acknowledge his engagement with Luo Sheng. They'd certainly laugh behind his back.

That evening while Meng Yang slept, he felt something moving around him and immediately woke up. He realized it was Luo Xiu though and fell back asleep, holding Luo Xiu's arm tightly as was his routine these days.

Luo Xiu was also used to Meng Yang's movements. After glancing at Meng Yang's sleeping face, he turned off the lights with the remote control and closed his eyes to sleep.

In the middle of the night, Luo Xiu suddenly woke up. This time, he didn't wake up because of a headache, but because of the hot and dry feeling in both his body and his heart.

Although Luo Xiu didn't think that he had any ideas about Meng Yang, he was still a normal man. Even while sleeping alone, he'd occasionally have a reaction like this, not to mention when there was such a fragrant and soft young body close to him. He didn't know where Meng Yang's sweet smell came from, but the more he smelled it, the hotter he felt. Luo Xiu knew that Meng Yang often practiced making perfume, so all of his toiletries were fragrance-free. However, every time he came out after bathing, he'd have such a sweet smell on his body. It wasn't noticeable in the daytime, but it would get more intense during the night.

Luo Xiu began to perspire. Taking a deep breath, he lifted the quilt and got out of bed, heading to the bathroom.

Meng Yang woke up because of Luo Xiu getting up. He thought that Luo Xiu just went to the toilet, so he didn't care too much about it. He didn't fall asleep completely though, instead keeping a little consciousness to wait for Luo Xiu's return.

Luo Xiu pressed his hands against the wall of the bathroom, feeling guilt in his heart. He had vented his desire on other people over the years without feeling anything, but those were all transactions. He shouldn't feel this way about Meng Yang. Meng Yang was such a clean child and had, after all, saved his life before. He trusted him and had a sense of dependence towards him because of this, but Luo Xiu couldn't control his most primitive physiological impulse. How was this different from being an animal?

Luo Xiu turned on the cold shower to make the heat go down while psychologically blaming himself.

Meng Yang waited for a long time but didn't see Luo Xiu come out of the bathroom. He thought that he had another headache, so he sat up and went to the bathroom to have a look just as Luo Xiu came out.

"Do you have another headache?" Meng Yang looked at Luo Xiu blearily.

"No, go back to sleep." Luo Xiu lifted the quilt and got into bed. Just as he was about to lie down, Meng Yang hugged his neck and concentrated on smelling it.

Luo Xiu held Meng Yang's body and sighed helplessly in his heart. As Meng Yang's smooth and tender face rubbed on his neck, the scorching heat that had finally fallen rose again.

When Meng Yang was sure that Luo Xiu's headache hadn't come back, he fell back asleep on top of him.

Luo Xiu moved Meng Yang over to let him lie down. Moving to the side, he laid down to sleep again.

Soon, the day of Luo Sheng and Yu Junchen's engagement arrived. Their engagement banquet was held in the Garden Castle Hotel, which was part of Luo Sheng's property.

But the engagement banquet seemed to be Old Master Cheng's party. All the guests, besides those friends invited by Luo Sheng and Yu Junchen, were invited by him.

Luo Sheng's mother, who was abroad, didn't come back to attend Luo Sheng and Yu Junchen's engagement banquet. She didn't agree with Luo Sheng getting engaged so early, and she was also dissatisfied with Yu Junchen's family background. Even though Luo Sheng said a lot of good things about Yu Junchen, she kept her dissension to herself and continued to observe whether Yu Junchen really was as excellent as Luo Sheng said.