"But we have to." He closed his eyes for a second giving me an impression that maybe he was about to give in but when he looked back he looked more determined.

"There's nothing to talk about. I have made things clear." He sat up and slipped into his boxers. I pulled his shirt over my body and sat up following him.

"What you said earlier can never be a solution. You can't just go on not talking to your mother." His head snapped towards me in an instant.

"What else can I do? Let her insult you in whatever way she feels like?" I knew that his anger wasn't directed towards me.

"Evan-" He cut me off.

"I don't want to hear it. We are done talking about this." He switched off the light, shut his eyes and lay back down while I sat looking at him.
…………………

Evan had his eyes trained on the monitor. He glanced at me to pass a quick smile.

"There is your baby." The doctor's words brought my attention to the screen.

"Do you hear the heartbeat?" My eyes widened when I heard the steady beeping sound.

"Oh my God!" I chuckled out of pure excitement squeezing Evan's hand a little in the process. He had the same stupid smile on his face.

"The baby is absolutely healthy." Ms. Pierce said with a kind smile. After it was over, she passed me tissues to wipe the gel off my stomach.

"If you'd excuse me." She said standing up.

"Thank you, Ms. Pierce." She nodded our way with a smile before leaving us alone. I looked up at Evan and couldn't help the grin that stretched across my lips.

"Our baby." He nodded, grinning back.

………………….

Evan's POV

I pulled my gaze away from my laptop screen, hearing the sound of something hitting the floor. Brae was about to bend down to retrieve the file that had just fallen from her hand when I warned her.

"Don't!" She looked up at my face, alarmed as I stood up.

"I'll do it." I picked the file up and handed it to her. She looked between the file and my face before slightly squinting her eyes.

"You're already restricting my movements?" I kept my mouth shut, debating on my answer. I didn't want to say anything that might upset her. I blinked, waiting for a suitable reply to come to my mind.

"Why are you staring like that?" She furrowed her eyebrows at my dumb expression.

"No uhmm I was just taking care of you, you know, first trimester is crucial and all that." I smiled nervously at the end but the huge smile that fell on her lips wasn't something I was expecting.

"Hearing the baby's heartbeat, it felt different." Thinking about the baby made her smile. I too couldn't help my lips from curving up at that thought.

"It did." She put the file down on my desk before sitting down on the sofa.

"Bri is so excited. I would be surprised if she hadn't already bought some onesies."

"That reminds me, we have a lot of things to do." I went and sat down beside her.

"Like?"

"Like making a nursery." She shook her head at my suggestion.

"Not unless we know the gender. I want it to be themed." She leaned back against the sofa.

"You know, I want it to be a girl." I was staring at her face when her lips curved up into a dreamy smile.

"And why is that?" She shrugged, staring in front of her.

"I want to doll her up and tie her hair and wear twining dresses." She listed them while smiling to herself.

"But I want a boy." She furrowed her brows before sitting up to face me.

"I thought guys are fond of daughters or something." No lies there. I relaxed back in my seat and shrugged.

"Well yeah, a girl will be all pretty and really nice but then I have this feeling that I'll grow extremely overprotective of her. She'll eventually grow to hate me when I won't let her go on dates with some pimply boys." She stared at me with her lips parted before chuckling.

"You realise you were just one of those pimply boys when we started dating, right?" She asked, sounding amused.

"Hey, I had clear skin!"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Her Betrayalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें