Chapter 10: Under the Stars

"Irasshaimase" the store crew murmured after he heard the door chimes rang. He sounded sleepy and grumpy that made his greetings sound like he hate his job. He didn't bother to look at the door and just kept on putting price tags on the candies that are on his counter.

"Konnichiwa" greeted by a sweet voice from the door.

The store crew took a glance at the store door and saw Sakura pushing the door. Behind her is Sasuke. "O-Oh Hello there!" The store crew greeted back. His tone became enthusiastic.

Sakura looked around the convenience store and started to browse the items.

Sasuke just stood near the door. His eyes were on the crew who kept on staring at Sakura the moment they entered the store. He frowned.

"Tsk." He uttered. He remembered how Sakura reacted to his selfishness.

He decided to look around the store too to distract himself from the annoyance he is feeling.

He noticed a cup of ramen on the shelf and made him remember Naruto. "Idiot!" He whispered and grab the cup. He was about to take it when he noticed that someone is also holding the cup on the other side. He bends down to look at the other side of the shelf. It was Sakura. "Oh, Sasuke-kun" She said.

Realizing that they both grabbed the cup for their friend, Sakura laugh softly while Sasuke smiled at her.

They bought some onigiri and coffee and bought 3 cups of instant ramen for their friend who was sleeping soundly at their lounge. He got exhausted after helping everyone at the hospital.

The couple decided to eat the onigiri outside instead. It was Sakura's idea to eat outside. She noticed Sasuke's dislike at the store crew a while ago when they were paying for their food. He never liked anyone but she could tell that the store crew was a special case. "Perhaps because he talks too much" She thought. She knew how moody Sasuke is so she just asked him to eat outside so he won't get distracted by the guy.

There was a greenfield across the convenience store where the overview of the mountains can be seen. There were no benches around but there were aligned light poles on the straight road.

They sat on the side of the road under the lamp post. The night air smelled of moist grass and pulsed with the sound of night insects.

The night air was chilly, Sakura shivered involuntarily despite wearing a green jacket. Sasuke noticed it and was about to put his arm around her to keep her warm but hesitated. He thought it would be inappropriate to do that in public though there were no people around. He took out the coffee from the disposable paper coffee holder and handed it to her.

Sakura holds the coffee with both her hands to warm her.

"Let's just go back inside, you'll catch cold." Sasuke said.

"I like it here. I can see the sky and the stars clearly." She said and sip her coffee.

Sasuke looked at the sky too.

There was a long silence.

"You don't like the crew at the store don't you?" Sakura asked. She can't think of any other topic that would break the silence.

"Ah." He answered and started to eat his onigiri.

"He stared at you too much." He added.

"Eh?" Sakura uttered. "Maybe he was one of my patients...Anyway, don't mind him." She said and took out an onigiri from the plastic bag.

"I feel annoyed when somebody looks at you the way he looks or when they talk about you. I'm sorry."

Sakura stared at him and thought for a while. "That's okay. I feel annoyed too when girls stared at you or whenever they asked you out..."