chapter thirteen

This chapter contains mentions of de*th. Please skip over if this makes you uncomfortable. 

"Miss Yang

"Miss Yang... we're sorry to inform you that with your brother's surgery there were some complications... and due to said complications, we were unable to resuscitate him. We're sorry for your loss," The doctor sighed to Minji, who turned to Heeseung with a heartbroken look on her face. 

"Wha--he... he wasn't supposed to die," Minji cried, looking to Heeseung for him to say something, anything, that would make this all feel like a terrible nightmare. 

"I know," Heeseung nodded, wrapping her in a tight hug. "He wasn't supposed to die, I know."

"It should have been me instead," Minji sobbed into his shoulder, sending a twinge of pain throughout Heeseung. 

"Don't say that." He whispered back. "It should have been neither of you."

"But it wasn't." She cried again. "It was Jimin, why did he have to die?"

"Miss Yang, we're sorry for your loss--"

"Talk to me instead," Eunji cut off the police officers, pulling them away from her crying sister. 

"Does--does Jihoon know? Where is he anyway?" Minji asked, looking around for her younger brother. 

"I think he's on the roof," Heeseung replied, taking Minji to the stairs so they could find Jihoon. 

As suspected, he was up on the roof, his feet dangling over the edge as he looked out onto the city. Minji couldn't tell if he was upset or not, mainly since his blond hair was blowing in front of his face. 

"Jihoon--"

"I already know about Jimin, if that's why you came up here." He cut her off, watching as she sat down next to him. 

"I came to see if you were okay." She sniffled, making Jihoon turn to her where he saw her tear-stained cheeks. 

"I'm fine." He responded stiffly, waiting a minute before asking her, "Are you okay?"

"I'll get there..." She trailed off, looking back to Heeseung before beckoning him over. "Did you see anything while you were outside? Like the car--"

"Yeah, I remember the license plate and everything," Jihoon nodded. "It was a funny license plate, so I remember it."

"Well, you should probably go tell the police, so no one else gets hurt..." Minji trailed off, helping Jihoon off of the ground before they headed downstairs in search of the police officers. 

"It's a good thing Jihoon has a good memory," Heeseung noted as he and Minji watched Jihoon talk to the officers. 

"He can only remember numbers, it's really weird... but yeah, it's handy now..." Minji mumbled back, instinctively leaning onto Heeseung who quickly wrapped an arm around. 

"You... did you mean what you said earlier?" Heeseung blatantly asked, unable to contain his question for any longer. "About wishing you had died instead of Jimin?"

"Well... I wish neither of us had died... but if I had to choose, I'd prefer it to be me over him. He's got more people that care about him and stuff he wanted to achieve in life... I didn't, really."

"Well, you have me... and not knowing what you want to do isn't a bad thing... it means your thinking carefully." He smiled at her. 

"I know... it just... didn't make sense." She sighed with a shrug. 

"Well please don't die... I love you too much, okay? Please?" Heeseung mumbled, wrapping Minji in a tight hug. 

"Okay." She nodded back. "You too. Don't die yet, okay?"

"I won't." He nodded back. 

"They've said they're going to check out the car now and that if they find anything, they'll let us know," Eunji stated, joining Heeseung and Minji. "We should go home for now."

"Okay..." Minji nodded, not knowing how it would feel to go home without Jimin. "Can--"

"Yeah," Eunji nodded, already knowing that Minji was going to ask for Heeseung to spend the night. "Come on."

Once the Yang's and Heeseung got home, Minji pulled him up to her room, shutting the door before instantly collapsing down onto the bed and pulling Heeseung along as well. Heeseung wrapped his arms around Minji's waist, pulling her closer before placing a kiss on her forehead. She buried her head into Heeseung's chest, making him rest his chin on top of her hair. 

"Goodnight, I love you." He whispered to her, and despite the pit in her stomach, the words sent butterflies throughout the girl. 

"Night, love you too." She smiled back in a whisper. 

While the story of Lee Heeseung and Yang Minji had its ups and downs, in the end, it turned out alright. Not good, not bad... but alright. They didn't end up breaking up and leaving each other heartbroken... but not everything was amazing, either. 

Minji's best friend and twin brother had died mere weeks after her father, and despite all that had happened, not everyone knew about her and Heeseung yet. She got a mediocre grade on her final project despite all her hard work... so not great, but alright. 

While Heeseung and Minji were happy together, Minji wasn't completely happy... because it felt like part of her was missing. She knew, or she hoped, that feeling would go away, but by the end of Heeseung and Minji's love story, nothing had changed. She was just mediocre... but she prayed she'd one day be great.

 but she prayed she'd one day be great

Sooooo that's the end. I really didn't know how to end this but I didn't want to do a necessarily happy ending like with my Jungwon story... soooo this is the alternative? Yeah, I also hate writing sad endings in fanfictions because I always end up crying so instead u got this shitty and mediocre ending but oh well.