chapter twelve

This chapter has a series of gunshots during one time, so if this makes you uncomfortable, please feel free to skip over this chapter. There isn't extremely gory detail, although there is some details that may be disturbing to some readers. There's also mentions of de*th in this chapter. 

"There's Mr

"There's Mr. Hwang, do you think I should go talk to him?" Jimin whispered to Minji. "Maybe I can ask him if he thinks I'd suit a position in the company."

"Or maybe you can just ask him for one," Minji shrugged. "He'll give it to you if you ask, he doesn't really have a choice now that Eunji owns the company."

"But I wanna know his honest opinion..." Jimin pouted, trailing over to the man.

"Who's Mr. Hwang?" Heeseung tilted his head, looking at Minji. 

"He's a senior manager at our company in charge of the branch Jimin's interested in," Minji scoffed. "Personally, I'd prefer to enter Mrs. Lee's branch because it actually interests me more, but Jimin is interested in Hwang's wing because it makes the most money."

"Well, that doesn't really surprise me," Heeseung chuckled. "What does each branch do?"

"Well, my father's company is centered around art restoration, right?" Minji began, Heeseung nodding. "So Mr. Hwang's branch is the one that focuses on insuring the company, while Mrs. Lee's branch is the one that actually restores the art."

"Ah, I understand why you're interested in that branch, then." He nodded back. 

"Yeah... but after everything's that happened with my father's company, I'm not sure if I want to work there anymore. The police think he was attacked at his political rally because some informants found out about my mother, but he bribed them not to tell anyone." She explained.

"Well, did they catch who did it?" Heeseung asked in a worried tone. 

"No, but it was all the way in the US, so I highly doubt--"

Minji's sentence was shortly cut off as a loud snap echoed through the center, followed by a series of screams. Minji and Heeseunf frantically searched around from the sound of the noise, only to spot a man carrying a gun and aiming it directly at Eunji next. 

Minji was unable to move... stunned by her twin brother and sister now lying unconscious on the floor. Without thinking, she let Heeseung pull her out of the building, not even thinking to look around for Jihoon. Unfortunately, Minji heard another snap, followed by a damp feeling in the back of her arm. 

"Oh my god..." Heeseung mumbled, looking down. 

Nevertheless, Heeseung continued pulling her out, even in more of a rush now as he began to slip off his jacket and wrap it around Minji's arm. She could see the blood soaking through his jacket and after realizing she had got shot, a burning sensation was shortly felt afterward.

"Minji, what happened-- oh my god!" Jihoon exclaimed after rushing over to his sister once they got outside. "Did you get shot? Where's Jimin and Eunji--"

Minji was unable to hear the rest of her brother's sentence and only incoherent shouting as she slumped down into Heeseung's arms, her vision going blurry before slowly turning black. 

----------

"Her siblings... one of them didn't make it," Heeseung heard one of the doctors whisper to a nurse outside. 

"Which one was it? The boy or the girl?" The nurse questioned back. 

"It was--"

"Doctor, she's waking up," Heeseung called, seeing Minji stir in her sleep. He held on tightly to her hand, still not moving from the position he had been in for the past 2 hours. 

"Miss Yang?" The doctor asked, walking over to Minji. "Miss Yang--"

"Where am I?" She asked, looking around frantically. "Where's Eunji? Where's Jimin? Where's Jihoon? Where's Heeseung--"

"I'm right here." He smiled, standing up on the other side of her bed. 

"What about--"

"Shh, just let him make sure you're okay first," Heeseung ordered, Minji letting the doctor check her eyes before writing something down on a chart and leaving the room. 

Before Minji could even continue asking the questions she had been asking when she first woke up, she felt Heeseung press his lips into hers, followed by him quickly pulling away and resting his forehead on hers. 

"I thought..." He whispered, tears welling in his eyes. "I thought you almost died."

"Well, I didn't," Minji smiled back. "Did... are..."

"I love you," Heeseung blurted out, taking Minji by surprise. She moved away from him to look at his face and see if he was serious or not, and after noticing he was, she gave him a smile. 

"I love you too." She replied, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Can I see Eunji and Jimin now? And where's Jihoon?"

"Jihoon is in the waiting room, and as for Eunji and Jimin... why don't we wait a bit, okay?" Heeseung smiled, not having the heart to tell her one of her siblings has died... and worse, he didn't know which one.

 and worse, he didn't know which one