chapter eleven

"How are you? Is everything okay? Did you guys make up?" Heeseung bombarded Minji with questions once he answered her call. 

"Yeah, we did," Minji chuckled at how cute he was when he was flustered. "Everything's fine... I was just calling to remind you about the event on Saturday. Can you get here at 5 so we can all go together? Oh, and also... wear a suit. It doesn't have to be all black, but just look nice."

"Yeah, that sounds fine. Also, I look nice regardless of what I'm wearing, but I'll wear a suit so you fall for me even more." He smirked back. 

"I'm not sure that's possible, but okay," Minji chuckled. "I'll see you tomorrow, then?"

"Yeah, bye," Heeseung smiled before hanging up the phone. 

"Hey, Min, me, Eunji, and Jihoon are going bowling, wanna come?" Jimin asked, peaking his head into his sister's room. 

"I can't play... my ankle, remember?" Minji shook her head with a smile. 

"Right..." Jimin trailed off. "Well, we'll see you soon, bye." Jimin waved, Minji hurrying to pick up her phone and call back Heeseung. 

"Miss me already?" He smirked as he picked up the phone. 

"Very funny," Minji teased with a scoff. "Wanna come over? Everyone's leaving to go bowling so we can work on our project or just hang out."

"Yeah, sure. Come let me in." He responded, followed by a ring at the doorbell. 

"Wha-- how did you do that?" Minji questioned, rushing out of bed. 

"I was at the corner street by your house when you called me." He chuckled before hanging up the phone. 

"Hi," Minji chuckled, opening the door for Heeseung. "Don't worry, we're just working on our final for Art History."

"I didn't say anything," Jimin raised his hands in defense. "But don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"That's terrible advise," Heeseung teased, earning an eye roll from Jimin. 

"Bye, Min!" Eunji waved before dragging her brothers, leaving just Minji and Heeseung alone in the house. 

"So... what now?" Heeseung asked, turning to Minji. 

"Well, I was thinking we could do the arts portion of the assignment... where we draw each other using the art style that we researched," Minji smiled back. 

"Okay... can I go first then?" Heeseung tilted his head. 

"Sure." She nodded in response, leading him to the art studio their father had built for Minji and Jimin. 

"Wow... I've never been in here before." He said in awe, looking around. 

"Yeah, Jimin doesn't really like letting people in here because of all his drawings... he doesn't like people seeing his art. But I'm making an exception for you." She smiled. "Where do you want me to go and what do you want me to do?"

"Uh... sit there and just... smile," Heeseung nodded before beginning to paint her. 

For the next 2 hours, Heeseung carefully painted Minji. To him, this was the best thing in the world... getting to stare at the girl of his dreams while creating a beautiful painting of her. On top of that, he got to see her gorgeous smile... that smile that made him want nothing more than to hug her. 

As soon as Heeseung was done painting the girl, she slouched off of the chair, practically running into the kitchen to find something to eat. It wasn't long before she came back in, carrying a bowl of grapes for her and Heeseung to share. 

"You should be way faster than me... you're a lot better than I am," Heeseung nodded, sitting down in the same spot as Minji. 

"Yeah, I know." She smiled at him, making him scoff. 

"We don't have to only paint, you know?" Heeseung suggested, standing up from the stool before walking over to Minji. "I think we should re-create what you and Aera were doing last month."

"Me and Aera did lots of things last month, some of which I'd rather not recreate," Minju chuckled, making Heeseung shake his head. 

"No... I want to hug you." He whispered, almost embarrassed to ask about it. 

"Okay," Minji chuckled from his pink cheeks, pulling him upstairs and to her room. "Why didn't you just ask?"

"I dunno..." Heeseung mumbled back, Minji pulling him onto her bed before wrapping him in a hug. "I was just nervous, I guess."

"Well, don't be," Minji chuckled. "I love hugs, especially from people taller than me."

"Well, then my hugs must be amazing," Heeseung smiled back, stroking Minji's head. 

"They actually are, considering they come from someone who apparently hates physical affection." She teased. 

"I only hate it when it's from my friends... when it's from you, I like it. You're warm and you smell like cherries... and I really like cherries." He mumbled back. 

"I know you like cherries," Minji let out a soft laugh, only to hear the door downstairs slam shut, followed by a fit of laughter from her siblings downstairs. 

"Do you want me to go--"

"No," Minji shook her head. "I want you to stay. You're really comfortable."

"Okay," Heeseung smiled at her, practically melting as she pulled herself closer. "I'll stay."